Getting bored with the look, opinions

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
rAERRK

Getting bored with the look, opinions

Post by rAERRK »

been hearing a lot of talk about plasti dip and it's got me wanting to experiment a bit. any objections before i waste the time and money? for those who don't know, plasti dip is a non permanent plastic/rubber coating
03VibeOttawa

Re: Getting bored with the look, opinions (rAERRK)

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

I would!...especially the "chrome" grill trim.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Leave it stock. IMO im not a fan of the "black wheel" thing. Black wheels make your car look like your driving with 4 spares....LOL. I tend to like cars with silver or chrome wheels. More traditional.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
rAERRK

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »Leave it stock. IMO im not a fan of the "black wheel" thing. Black wheels make your car look like your driving with 4 spares....LOL. I tend to like cars with silver or chrome wheels. More traditional.i kind of agree that's why i'm on the fence about it. i've always liked the contrast of the silver wheels on black.
tpollauf

Re: (cptnsolo77)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by cptnsolo77 »Leave it stock. x2.If anything some accenting of some sort. A thin silver pinstrioe or some silver close to the roofline and/or rocker areas. Anything to break up the black
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

this is what i'd really like to do but i'm not sure the real thing will come out good
Serj22

Re: (rAERRK)

Post by Serj22 »

IF you do it with real paint it turns out good. Preperation is the key. Plasti-dip is junk on car parts for people who are scared to take the plunge. It peels the second a rock hits it. If you aren't going to use real paint, leave it alone. I painted the stock wheels on my Cr-v with the gray lip taped off; came out beautiful. Before:After:Just take your time with it, and make sure you clean out the inside of the wheel first before you start with the front. There's a bunch of brake dust and junk in there that ruins everything later on. Took two attempts, but it never flaked in two years. I miss that viper blue paint... maybe it would look nice on the vibe...
Pioneer HU2 x D3tAK tweeters in stock location (M&T)4 x Diamond Audio D162.5i1 x Pioneer TS-W309S4 SubPolk Audio Pa330 (To drive Sub)
TONY TAT2

Re: Getting bored with the look, opinions (rAERRK)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Been kicken around the idea & ways to put old school,not old to me tho, a set of CRAGAR SS rims on mine.not till spring tho
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Cragar's on a Vibe!?!?! I would love to see it, but it's either going to be a major fail or a major win.
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

went ahead and did the front grille today, pretty happy with it. i'll get a pic up tomorrow.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

IMO the "murdered out" look has been kind of overplayed lately, yet I do think the black wheels on your Vibe look good in the photoshop. I think if you were going to paint the wheels though, you should also paint the roof rack bars black and get the 2003-2004 black headlight housings to even it all out. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the grilles!
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ramenboy...

Post by ramenboy... »

I say go for it... It's not a 'permanent' type of cover... I was thinking of doing a set of wheels with this stuff for the winter
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

I would like to see the cragars photoshopped onto a vibe. Absolutelylove those wheels. Wonder what color they would look best on.I'm not against the black wheels but being so flat might look odd against a gloss black paint job. Shiny black wheels could be better. But what the heck plastic dip is reversable so what's the harm in trying it out for a week and deciding to keep it or not. Wanted to plasti dip my winters but they are in too bad of shape even for that. (Flaking off) will have to be sanded down and properly painted.
dustie

Re: (silverbullet)

Post by dustie »

Could always do like i did on the dodge.. My rims were Rhino Lined haha! they were indestructible! along with my skid plate and light bars on the front, spare tire mount in the bed and any other piece of metal that was attached to the body hahahaha.
leemur

Post by leemur »

Burnt Orange metalic http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=45091I got bored with mine too. I did get around to finding vinyl decal meterial and redid the mylar homemade ones with a bit more graphics added than shown here.
2004 Fusion Orange, bought new R.I.P. 2009 Carbon Grey 2.4, bought new. 2004 Neptune bought used-2013
rAERRK

Re: (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by rAERRK »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »IMO the "murdered out" look has been kind of overplayed lately, yet I do think the black wheels on your Vibe look good in the photoshop. I think if you were going to paint the wheels though, you should also paint the roof rack bars black and get the 2003-2004 black headlight housings to even it all out. Looking forward to seeing pictures of the grilles!there's not a whole lot of car modifying in my area these days so i don't see it very often. anyway
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by rAERRK »there's not a whole lot of car modifying in my area these days so i don't see it very often.I don't really see it too much around here either, but moreso online in pictures, etc.The grilles look really good blacked out !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
rAERRK

Post by rAERRK »

yeah i'm really liking it now that i've had a chance to see it out in the world and from a distance.