Radio Harness diagram for 09 AWD w/ MT?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
ShaneW

Radio Harness diagram for 09 AWD w/ MT?

Post by ShaneW »

hi folks! New guy here... Im replacing my factory MT system and have replaced the door speakers, removed factory amp and spliced speaker wires together, upgraded the sub, mounted a small amp in factory location, ran RCAs and turn on to dash already.My problem is finding the correct factory harness wires to cut and splice to my new HUs harness. I have read the Stickys and a bunch more, but the colors discribed in posts and online docs do not match what I have in my dash! does anyone have a pin diagram noting the location in the plug of each wire? Specificely the speakers and ACC?Thanks for any help, this forum has been very helpful so far!ShaneW
2009 Vibe AWDM+T Pkg
ShaneW

Re: Radio Harness diagram for 09 AWD w/ MT? (ShaneW)

Post by ShaneW »

OK, maybe the better question to ask to narrow down my choices is: Of the two factory radio plugs ( 1 larger, 1 smaller) is thier one I can completley ignore? Will I find all the needed wires in just one plug? ShaneW
2009 Vibe AWDM+T Pkg
dayday

Post by dayday »

I'll try and take a look tonight, working some OT until 10p tonight. My Pioneer is out right now for repair so I just have a hole in the dash right now.
'09 Vibe 2.4L 5sp
ShaneW

Re: (dayday)

Post by ShaneW »

That would be awesome Dayday! Thanks!
2009 Vibe AWDM+T Pkg
dayday

Post by dayday »

This is the best I could do with the limited space and light.Here is a pic of the back of my metra harness. You can see the speakers are located in both plugs. The red was in the wrong location on this metra harness so I directly spliced it and the dimmer into the car's wiring. They were above and below each other in the middle of the larger plug. The red went to gray(car) and the orange to green(car). Also, in the pic, the red and blue in the metra harness are not connected to each other, they're taped together right now just to keep them out of the way. The blue in the harness is used to power the cars built in antenna amp though.
'09 Vibe 2.4L 5sp
audiovibe

Post by audiovibe »

Are you looking to splice in behind the radio or at the amp? Why are you wanting to splice? you could just use a amp bypass plug to get you leads if you are wanting to splice for speaker wires. If you are wanting to draw +12v constant for the amp I would highly advise against that.
Vibe is gone and will be missed as I've gone country style
ShaneW

Re: (audiovibe)

Post by ShaneW »

I want to splice in the harness that came with my new JVC HU behind the dash to the harness that had two plugs to go into the factory HU. I did remove the factory amp under the passanger seat and spliced the in and out speaker wires together. I am looking for a diagram that tells me what pin in what plug (of the two) is the location of each speaker wire. The Sticky with wire colors and the instructions that came with my order from Crutchfield and the steering wheel input adaptor all list the same colors that I should be finding in my factory harness, but MY cars harness does not match their color charts!I did run a new amp turn on wire when I ran the RCAs from the dash to the new amp and ran new speaker wire from amp to sub. I am about ready to remove all my door panels again and just run new wires to each door speaker! It will be a pain in the u Know Wut, but then I will know its correct!Any input will help!Thanks dayday for the photo too, btw!
2009 Vibe AWDM+T Pkg
ShaneW

Re: (ShaneW)

Post by ShaneW »

I found this a couple posts down and wam wondering if this is what I need!Found a pin out but don't know what some of these mean:A1 - Class 2A2 - Class 2A3 - SW_PWRA4 - FM_DET+A5 - GNDA6 - ASWC_REF_OUTA7 - RUI1A8 - LF+A9 - LF-A10 - RR-A11 - RR+A12 - GNDB1 - BattB2 - IGNB3 - ANTSPLYB4 - DIM+B5 - DIM-B6 - AMP_SENSEB7 - RUI2B8 - LR+B9 - LR-B10 - RF-B11 - RF+B12 - PARKM - AUX_MON+L - AUX_MON-K - AUX_COMJ - LAUXINH - RAUXING - CLASS2A - CEL_TEL_MUTEB - Not used (Test Point)C - GNDD - GNDE - Not Used (Test Point)F - Not Used (Test Point)He did not say what year this pinout is for, just Moon n tune... Ill look later today!
2009 Vibe AWDM+T Pkg
ShaneW

Re: Radio Harness diagram for 09 AWD w/ MT? (ShaneW)

Post by ShaneW »

OK, I got it all in! thanks everyone for your help too. I ended up running new speaker wires from dash and splicing them in behind the front kick panels where they enter the door connector and the rears I spliced in under the front door sill plates. I cannot believe how good it sounds! that factory Monsoon system was a piece of crap!I ended up installing a JVC XR810 deck, Pioneer 6 1/2" 3 way door speakers, and an 8" JBL GTO sub powered by a FLI 450s amp putting out a bit over 200 watts.
2009 Vibe AWDM+T Pkg