HEADLIGHT ADJUSTMENT

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
matthew44

HEADLIGHT ADJUSTMENT

Post by matthew44 »

I JUST FORKED OVER 150.00 A PIECE FOR NEW "MADE IN TIAWAN"HEADLIGHT ASSEMBLIES AND THEY SEEM TO BE AIMED RIGHT DOWNIN FRONT OF THE CAR. THIS IS FINE FOR CITY DRIVING BUT IF YOU GET ON A DARK SIDE STREET YOU NEED TO REALLY DRIVE SLOW. DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW OR IF THEY CAN BE AIMED? OR AM I JUST SCREWED? YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR I SUPPOSE. ANY HELP ISAPPRECIATED.
09vGT

Re: HEADLIGHT ADJUSTMENT (matthew44)

Post by 09vGT »

Yes, they can be aimed. I had the dealer re-aim mine because they were not pointed up enough. I can't help with how on the Vibe. On my previous car, a '00 Mustang, there was a screw on top of each light. Twisting it one way would aim it up, and the other would make it go down.
KITT222

Re: HEADLIGHT ADJUSTMENT (matthew44)

Post by KITT222 »

I've done this many times using three different methods. If you have an 03-08 Vibe you can either use a 10mm wrench or a screwdriver. I prefer the screwdriver because then you don't have to move the battery out of the way when adjusting the driver side light. If you look at the light near the bulb housing on the back, you'll see a gear with a bolt head-like thing on it. Some of the teeth of the gear will be exposed. You'll put the screwdriver in this area, and turn it with your headlights on and the car parked in front of a wall with the headlights equal distances from the wall. Keep turning until you get the light where you want it. Don't put it too high, or you'll bother other drivers. It is faster to turn it with a wrench, but it will require small, nimble hands and/or moving the battery to access the driver side adjustment thingy. Here's a pic of the adjustment gear from a Matrix headlight. The gear is the same as on the Vibe (and other cars, for that matter). http://media.photobucket.com/i...2.jpg
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

I'd recommend using a philips screwdriver, overwise you will tear into the headlamp using a flat head. I figured that out the hard way. Didn't even think of a philips until I read a post by Keith, then it was a face meet palm moment lol
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
keithvibe

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by keithvibe »

^^^ a number 3 works bestbut a number 2 will do in a pinch.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
matthew44

Re: HEADLIGHT ADJUSTMENT (KITT222)

Post by matthew44 »

That did the trick. Thanks alot for the help.
BlueCrush

Re: (keithvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »^^^ a number 3 works bestbut a number 2 will do in a pinch.I'm glad this topic was brought up again, as I was needing to adjust mine after I went from HID projectors back to HID oem's. I used a long #2 phillips and it worked perfect. Had them both adjusted in 2 minutes.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
MotoAce51

Post by MotoAce51 »

LAst time I had the bumper off I adjusted my lights and went a little too high. I just lowered them down the other day and the DS light is a pain in the "a" when you have a CAI!
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU