Installing new amps need help with original amp wiring colors

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
7mac7

Installing new amps need help with original amp wiring colors

Post by 7mac7 »

Hi all. I noticed the sticky with the in-dash wiring colors but I need the colors at the amp under the seat. I have a sony xm754hx 4 channel that I am going to replace the existing amp with for the door speakers. I also have a sony xm 1002hx for my kenwood sub that I am putting in the hatch. A full upgrade coming off of the stock head unit. I am wondering if one of you vibe gurus here have the color codes from the under seat amp that is in my 2005 moon and tunes. If so could you post it? If it's already on here and my search terms didn't pull it up I apologize for asking again. Thanks in advance!!!
"Do or do not, there is no try." -Yoda
DoubleBaril

Post by DoubleBaril »

I believe you will also need to run a new power/ground wire to the new amp, as i don't think it will be sufficient to handle a bigger amp.
2003 Vibe AWD
papacueball

Re: Installing new amps need help with original amp wiring colors (7mac7)

Post by papacueball »

I don't know if the pre 09's are the same, but the two connectors for the factory amp in my car have the same color wires as what is listed for the speaker wires. I would assume that the connector that has the power, ground and remote turn on lead also has the speaker wires coming from the headunit, and the other connector is for the amplifier output to the speakers.
2009 Vibe GT - Carbon Gray Metallic - 5 sp. manualClarion-Sundown-Pioneer-Vifa-H Audio-Dayton-SDS
7mac7

Post by 7mac7 »

Thanks guys. I do intent to upgrade power and ground. I will reference the H U wiring on here to see what I can figure out. If anyone has the wire colors at the stock amp and what they all are that would be awesome to not have to guess or assume.
7mac7

Re: Installing new amps need help with original amp wiring colors (scherry2)

Post by 7mac7 »

Thanks for the awesome schematic! Do I run the door speakers and tweeters parallel off of the new amp? I am assuming that out of the stock amp they get their own channels? I going to run a 4 channel amp two of the channels to power the stock front door speakers and tweets. I want to run the other two channels bridged to one 12" subwoofer. Intend to draw signal for the front speakers from the deck output and run the door speakers and tweeters off of the new amp. I will continue to run the rear door speakers off of the stock amp and for the sub should I t-tap the output to existing sub from the amp or the rear channel speakers from the deck... I could use some advice on this should I tap the rear output wires from the deck before the stock amp or after the amp to the sub woofer? I would be willing to bet someone here knows which is best.
7mac7

Post by 7mac7 »

Anyone?
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

I hooked up a subwoofer and amp and i used a line level converter on the rear speaker wires after the stock amp. thats all i can help you with. I don't have my vibe anymore bus someone who still does should be able to help you out more
7mac7

Re: (scherry2)

Post by 7mac7 »

Has anyone ran an after market amp to the front door speakers? How did you wire it? Did you hook it up parallel or how? I assume the tweeters have their own capacitors to cut all other frequencies.... Please! I am doing this tomorrow and I really hope to get some input tonight.
papacueball

Post by papacueball »

Parallel would probably be the best bet. Yes to caps on the tweeters, probably high passed somewhere around 4khz, with the woofers running fullrange.
2009 Vibe GT - Carbon Gray Metallic - 5 sp. manualClarion-Sundown-Pioneer-Vifa-H Audio-Dayton-SDS
VibeBear

Post by VibeBear »

Not sure what he ohm rating of the factory speakers are, but parallel *should* be best. If they're an 8ohm rating, wiring them in parallel will give you a 4ohm load. of course if they're already 4ohm & you wire them parallel you'll have a 2ohm load & your amp may have issues keeping up if it's not 2ohm stable.For the subwoofer, you need to tap in after the factory amp, line level converters work on high voltage output.
1992 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305/5-speed, Bright Dark Teal
2009 Pontiac Vibe Base 1.8L/5-speed, Carbon Grey