Conti-ProContact tires

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
jasonvibe

Conti-ProContact tires

Post by jasonvibe »

I know most had issues with the old TourContact that came stock with 03-08 Vibe. But the ProContact seems to be rated very good in magazines. And I saw a Matrix with a set that were not stock. No issues.I have also learned Subaru owners use this tire.I could not find any posts here regarding this tire. Tire Rack.com showed it did not list any major negatives for a summer tire.I had an alignment recently. So I am covered if there are issues, at least for a while. AND Having a set of steelys w/snows. These summer tires will only go 6 or 7k between rotations. I do not expect any issues. And will keep you posted. Hope to get much better than the 40k that the GoodYears gave me. The Procontact are reated 60k...per the tire dealer.So wish me luck...unless you know something I do not?
2005 AWD PlatinumAlloys, Moon & TunesPower group...just enough to be fun
Vinlandr

Re: Conti-ProContact tires (jasonvibe)

Post by Vinlandr »

Continental tires stock on Vibe 2003-08 ?I thought they all came with Goodyear Eagle RS/A, at least in Canada ?
Vibe base 2006 Neptune Blue Powerpack
jasonvibe

states had it different 03-06

Post by jasonvibe »

In the states...we had both Conti-Tour and Eagle RS-A. The Conti-tours wore out by 25k. EAgles like I had would make it to 40k usually. I do not like the handling of GoodYears. "Mushy" I say along with only fair wet grip . Since I have a set of snow on steelies. My alloys will sport these. So the Conti's ProContact are a mild "performance tire" Like the RS-A. Yet better in corners and ride and wet...so they say. Reading feedback from people who purchased these at "Tire Rack". Some got better that 50k others less than 50k. Guess mileage depends on many things. Having 2 sets of tires I rotate regularly @6k.I just hope for decent tread life... bettter than 40k. They say in the manual get "H" rated tires. But "H" is a 135mph tire...mine can't go that fast. I wonder why they insist on such a tire? But that's what the car came with. So I get stuck on doing it to be like the OEM set up. UGH !..
2005 AWD PlatinumAlloys, Moon & TunesPower group...just enough to be fun