Official GenVibe.com windshield flyer?

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
Geo

Official GenVibe.com windshield flyer?

Post by Geo »

I have been thinking about this the past couple days, and decided to bring it up.What does everyone think about an official "GenVibe.com" business card/flyer/note that we GenVibe.com members could keep a dozen or so in our glove compartments, and should we see another Vibe in a parking lot, leave a little flyer directing them to this website.Could make it really simple, mb like 6 or 4 little things per peice of 8.5"/11" sheet of paper. It would really generate traffic to the site, and make other Vibe owners aware of others who are proud of what they drive, and those interested in other useful items such as: Warrenty Issues, Service Bullitens, etc.Should the person not care at all, or not be able to access the 'net, well then no real harm then.Anyone else like this idea? Is it a little overboard? discuss discuss discuss :D
BADGER PRIDE
msmyer

Re: Official GenVibe.com windshield flyer? (Geo)

Post by msmyer »

That's a good idea....It would get the word out! And maybe gain more people for "states" forums! Maybe "we" can come up with something on word or something and everyone can print off and use!
‘03 Vibe with 317k and still going.............................

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Dude, that's a killer idea...If we do it, we should add a question to the signup process asking how they were referred, so we can see how well it works...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Geo

Re: Official GenVibe.com windshield flyer? (ragingfish)

Post by Geo »

Depending on how things go tonight, I might make some up then. I just got done painting my heat shield/fuse box and installing my Grafxwerks graphics so I might be out driving tonight :D
BADGER PRIDE
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

It should read something like "you've been spotted...by a fellow vibe owner...come join the international community of vibe owners and enthusiasts at genvibe.com..."and maybe you can leave a line saying "come sign up, and look for me in the forums. my member name is: " and then put your name, so they can come find you.just a thought...i have a box somewhere of printable business cards...i should break them out and put them to use!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
cohocarl

Post by cohocarl »

I think it's a cool idea, but I'd rather have a vinyl "Genvibe.com" upper windshield banner, or small side or rear window logo to "spread the word". Personally I don't like anyone that I don't know touching my car, especially if it is to place an advertisement on it. Just a pet peeve.....kind of like phone soliciters and spam.
Sold 6/16/04 03 Vibe 5-speed, Hotchkis Sway Bars & Springs, Hooker Aerochamber, Panasonic Stereo, Hitch, Silverstars,04 Saturn Vue 2.2L Ecotec, 5-speed, 01 Stratus R/T Coupe 5-speed (wife's car) 85 Corvette 268 CompCam, 882 heads, FlatTops, 24lb injectors, Hooker Aerochamber true duals, 58mm TB, Holley AFPR, Siamesed intake base, Polished TPI.
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:It should read something like "you've been spotted...by a fellow vibe owner...come join the international community of vibe owners and enthusiasts at genvibe.com..."and maybe you can leave a line saying "come sign up, and look for me in the forums. my member name is: " and then put your name, so they can come find you.just a thought...i have a box somewhere of printable business cards...i should break them out and put them to use!I like the idea! I'm off tomorrow! Let me think about it!

Other Mods: Sony X-Plod Headunit & Reflective White GVC decalMy Car at Cardomain.com... http://www.cardomain.com/id/msmyer
ragingfish

Re: Official GenVibe.com windshield flyer? (msmyer)

Post by ragingfish »

Whatever people opt to do, just be careful -- if you use a injet printer, and you put it on the windshield of a car, and it rains, the ink will run, and may mark the window and/or paint -- and then they'll be REALLY pissed...Use a laser printer, or an ink printer with waterproof inks...

2009 PONTIAC G8
msmyer

Post by msmyer »

quote:Whatever people opt to do, just be careful -- if you use a injet printer, and you put it on the windshield of a car, and it rains, the ink will run, and may mark the window and/or paint -- and then they'll be REALLY pissed...Use a laser printer, or an ink printer with waterproof inks...Well i wouldn't be putting my name on there like you said earlier....especially if I used a inkjet printer!

Kari

Re: Official GenVibe.com windshield flyer? (msmyer)

Post by Kari »

I actually made some of these the other day...I will print some out in the lab later on the LaserJet printer. There are 4 to a page, but I think they turned out pretty good. (I didn't put my SN on them though.) If anyone wants some, I will try to save it as a PDF so it doesn't matter if you don't have the fonts. (And I can't really send them to most people as they are Mac fonts.)I think this is a really great idea...I see a lot more Vibes now and I'd love to let them know about this site!
GenVibe Global Moderator
joatmon

Re: Official GenVibe.com windshield flyer? (Kari)

Post by joatmon »

There is a longer parallel thread with other folks' flyers at http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=4574(and also at http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=4975) that you should check out if you haven't already seen them