New Pictures :)

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
mswvibe

New Pictures :)

Post by mswvibe »

Its been a long time since you guys and gals have seen the vibe. the most recent thing ive done was paint the calipers and drums flat black. ive also put new vinyl "HK-Designz" decals on the back windows. i also put 10k HIDS in. Now im planning on painting the roof rails flat black..but im still hesitant give me your opinions.
jkm311

Re: New Pictures :) (mswvibe)

Post by jkm311 »

Dang, that's a nice Vibe. I'm a sucker for just enough personalization, yet close to stock. And you have done well in that regard. Love the rims, the drums – everything.You KNOW you have to bring this bad boy to our Indy Meet! Being close to Illinois, you can hop on the Chi-Town highway train of GenVibers, depending on if they leave Friday, July 16th or Saturday, July 17th
Steelies to the rescue.
mswvibe

Re: New Pictures :) (jkm311)

Post by mswvibe »

Thanks jkm. Personalization was key in this theme. I wanted my car to represent me and my style. Its one of a kind in my eyes. Lol. As for the Indy trip, I'd love to go and meet fellow genvibers. But ive already made plans to go to Minnesota for a fishing trip on the 16th. Maybe some other time. I'll definitely make my next trip to see you guys.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Lookin' good, Brad! You vibe looks HOT!!! Where in MN are you going fishing... Mille Lacs? Lake of the Woods?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

Love those rims!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
mswvibe

Re: New Pictures :) (BlueCrush)

Post by mswvibe »

Thanks bluecrush, im going somewhere about an hour away from mall of America. im going with a couple of friends. ROAD TRIP =Dand starr, i love my rims also. altho they love rocks... i gotta get some scratch paint for them.
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Looks great! I want to paint my roof rails too, I say go for it.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Toasted7

Re: New Pictures :) (lovemyraffe)

Post by Toasted7 »

Nice lookin' ride for sure!
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
AdmRose

Post by AdmRose »

Are those rims Focal F01's?
2004 AWD Vibe - "The Indignant"- Traded in 7/9/12
2010 Honda Insight EX - Current ride
mswvibe

Re: (AdmRose)

Post by mswvibe »

nah. they are msw type 16 rims. there's 2 options for this rim: chrome or black w/red pinstripe
ramenboy...

Re: (mswvibe)

Post by ramenboy... »

yowza.nice work! those rims are killer!!!!! now drop the vibe a couple inches
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
mswvibe

Re: (ramenboy...)

Post by mswvibe »

oh you bet i am. hopefully soon im gonna buy some mugen springs of neverenough.com, for $170 drop 2 inches front and back. =D
ramenboy...

Re: (mswvibe)

Post by ramenboy... »

you won't regret lowering it. then it'll feel like you're playing with your hot wheels cars again
de-badged o4 vibe
tein s-techs | 17" msr 105 wheels | 235 45 17 nexen n7000
weapon-r short ram (thanx BC!) | typeR sport pedals | LED 3rd brake
o2 triumph speed four
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

I that color.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

"Now im planning on painting the roof rails flat black."I,would,Im glad mine dont have the roof rack.
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
mswvibe

Re: New Pictures :) (TONY TAT2)

Post by mswvibe »

im still debating, cause if i end up painting them its gonna be a pain taking the rails off.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

It's also liable to be a pain to take care of. They are out in the wind and elements in general. You are liable to have repaint them on a regular basis. 'You up for that?Better you cover them in a flat black vinyl covering. At least that stands a chance of staying nice for a while longer.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
mswvibe

Re: New Pictures :) (06pvibe)

Post by mswvibe »

true that. its still up in the air on what im gonna do. i might just keep it like it is.
high revin

Post by high revin »

Wow that thing needs lowered nice ride.I remember i i drove mine 3 days with new wheels and tires without lowering and also remember what it felt like and drove like when i lowered it WOW biggggg differance not only in handling but look its not a big investment and you will be glad you did.
vibedrivermatt

Re: New Pictures :) (lovemyraffe)

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Quote, originally posted by lovemyraffe »Looks great! I want to paint my roof rails too, I say go for it.^^ X2 yeah black would look good on the rails. I've seen it subies or others cars that come with all black roof racks. I think it would round out the color scheme nicely that you have going there with the black rims and the red. I'd paint mine too if I had roof racks. True it might be difficult to keep them looking nice, especially if you use them for anything. Find a paint that will hold up well?? vibes looking nice!
mswvibe

Re: New Pictures :) (vibedrivermatt)

Post by mswvibe »

thanks guys. i feels good getting all your feedback. heads up i just got a cosmo short ram intake. intalled and im in love with it. the vibe feels so much diffrent now with it on, i love the sound of it.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

GREAT!!! Keep it up, Man!!Did you decide to black out the rails, and have you thought about my suggestion? I think it's psycho martyr that works for a vinyl place now and may be able to help you out. Or, there's always a local sign shop or eBay too. The rails are not that long, it should be easy to find two pieces that long and just squeegee them on. You may have to paint the inner rail though if you don't want it to show.
mswvibe

Re: New Pictures :) (06pvibe)

Post by mswvibe »

yeah ive been thinking about it. im prob gonna go to a sign shop or this graphic designer down the street from my house. the designer knows me pretty well so he might hook me up, and might install it for me. lol like i said everythings still in the air.
Bastranz

Post by Bastranz »

Do you know where I can find videos/recordings of what a Vibe sounds like with the Short Ram Intake? I'm just wondering how it differs from stock - I actually like that stock sound, honestly...deep and a little throaty, heh.
Owner of the first official "Brando-mobile", the "Silver Streak". 2003 Base Vibe, FWD.
Moved into the next generation, what's new is "Azúl" 2010 2.4 Vibe, AWD