Would the side skirts from a 09+ Matrix fit on a 09+ Vibe ?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
1SC

Would the side skirts from a 09+ Matrix fit on a 09+ Vibe ?

Post by 1SC »

Like the title says, would the side skirts from a 09+ Matrix fit on my base 09 Vibe ?I don't like the unpainted gray plastic lower trim on my Vibe and right now I'm thinking of either getting the Vibe GT skirts on gettin the skirts from the Matrix. Does anybody know if they fit right there ? Depending on the prices...Also, is the base and GT rear bumper the same except from the plastic trim ? Can I buy the GT plactic trim and fit it on my base ? I already got the exhaust tip ordered and already have the GT spoiler installed.When I got my car, I wanted a white GT, but didn't want either the leather seats or the 18" rims. But I liked the look better. I found the base looked better in blue than in white, that's why I got it in blue.Mine :
star_deceiver

Re: Would the side skirts from a 09+ Matrix fit on a 09+ Vibe ? (1SC)

Post by star_deceiver »

The problem with painted side skirts is that rocks and dirt will eat that paint away quite quickly.... even with those mudflaps...But the Matrix side skirts look almost identical to that Red Vibe GT (your bottom 2 pics). The level of the cut lines and door angles. I'd bet dollars to dounuts that it will bolt right up!You could always paint yours...
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
JetBlack09VibeGT

Post by JetBlack09VibeGT »

Since the fender and the quarter panel of the Vibe is unique and different from the Matrix, the mounting points for the skirts are going to be different and may not easily line up.
vibenvy

Re: Would the side skirts from a 09+ Matrix fit on a 09+ Vibe ? (JetBlack09VibeGT)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by ISC »Also, is the base and GT rear bumper the same except from the plastic trim ? Can I buy the GT plactic trim and fit it on my base ?As far as I can tell, the lower trim is the only difference on the rear bumper. The GT lower trim should bolt right up .Quote, originally posted by ISC »When I got my car, I wanted a white GT, but didn't want either the leather seats or the 18" rims.I am not a fan of the seats either. I would much prefer to have the cloth seats from a base or AWD. I do love the 18s though .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
lowincash

Re: Would the side skirts from a 09+ Matrix fit on a 09+ Vibe ? (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by lowincash »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »I am not a fan of the seats either. I would much prefer to have the cloth seats from a base or AWD. I do love the 18s though .I love the 18's too but I think I also like the 17's that on 1SC's car =D I have been seriously thinking of swapping those lol
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
1SC

Re: Would the side skirts from a 09+ Matrix fit on a 09+ Vibe ? (lowincash)

Post by 1SC »

Quote, originally posted by lowincash »I love the 18's too but I think I also like the 17's that on 1SC's car =D I have been seriously thinking of swapping those lolI too like my 17'' a lot. Did you know that they are the same found on the 09+ Corolla XRS. The finish seems different though, they are brighter on the Vibe.
1SC

Re: Would the side skirts from a 09+ Matrix fit on a 09+ Vibe ? (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by 1SC »

Quote, originally posted by J_TO_ENVY »As far as I can tell, the lower trim is the only difference on the rear bumper. The GT lower trim should bolt right up . I just checked on GM parts Direct and the rear bumpers not the same parts number. Anyways, I don't think I have the $$$ right now for this mod, since it's not really noticable.I'll wait a couple of weeks to see if I can make enough money with my "on the side" car detailing to pay for the GT skirts. (around 300-325$ CDN with taxes and the paint)Thanks everyone for your replies.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 1SC » I just checked on GM parts Direct and the rear bumpers not the same parts number. Anyways, I don't think I have the $$$ right now for this mod, since it's not really noticable.I'll wait a couple of weeks to see if I can make enough money with my "on the side" car detailing to pay for the GT skirts. (around 300-325$ CDN with taxes and the paint)Thanks everyone for your replies.I am guessing that means the mounting points are different than, because looks wise they seem like they would be the same.You could always check Car-Part.com and see if you could happen to luck out and find an '09-'10 GT with front end damage .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage