Squeaky Clutch??

1.8-liter VVTL-i (2ZZ-GE) and VVT-i (1ZZ-FE) engine, transmission, exhaust, intake, and performance tuning discussions
MJN2

Squeaky Clutch??

Post by MJN2 »

I was heading out this morning and when I pushed in the clutch, I heard a squeaking noise coming from the engine compartment.So, I put it in neutral and pushed in the clutch again...same thing. I'm guessing it's in the clutch cable/linkage/whatever.Anyone else heard this sound, specifically all you GT owners out there?
Two-tone Neptune GT w/17" OEM rims, Nav System, BOMZ short ram, Sabresport STB
joatmon

Re: Squeaky Clutch?? (MJN2)

Post by joatmon »

My clutch pedal was sqeaking a bit, but it was coming from down around the clutch pedal. I put a little grease on the linkage from the inside, where it goes through the firewall. pushed it in a couple of times and it's been quiet since, about 10k miles so far. I have a 5 speed, but I imagine the clutch linkage is the same or nearly so on the GT. If yours is sqeaking in the engine compartment, you may need to get someone to work the clutch while you listen under the open hood (car off and stopped, of course, duh) to narrow it down some more.
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: Squeaky Clutch?? (joatmon)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

Mine was squicking as well. On my last oil change, I reported this little trouble and the guy lube it up and no more noice since.