Anybody running Michelin Destiny tires?

Wheel and tire information and upgrade discussions
knaffie

Anybody running Michelin Destiny tires?

Post by knaffie »

http://www.michelinman.com/tir...stiny/Looks like they are a house brand tire, available at Canadian Tire and Discount Tire. Anybody running them? Good price, good reviews, good treadlife warranty, and a nice rebate right now. Thinking about picking up a set for 3 of the 4 seasons (I use snow tires in the winter).
vibolista

Re: Anybody running Michelin Destiny tires? (knaffie)

Post by vibolista »

Quote, originally posted by knaffie »http://www.michelinman.com/tir...stiny/Looks like they are a house brand tire, available at Canadian Tire and Discount Tire. Anybody running them? Good price, good reviews, good treadlife warranty, and a nice rebate right now. Thinking about picking up a set for 3 of the 4 seasons (I use snow tires in the winter).The tread pattern looks a lot like my set of Bridgestone Turanzas that have lasted forever on my old Saturn wagon. They are probably a very good touring tire. I wouldn't have a problem puting a set of Michelins like these on my Vibe. Just don't expect them to be a super sticky high performance summer tire. Then again, they will way outlast a high performance tire and give you a much softer and most likely, a quieter ride than any high performance tire ever could.
'08 Manual, Sun&Sound, 17" Borbet Type CA wheels, 215/50 Summer Tires... 16" OE steel, 215/55 Snow Tires
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

I have Michelin Pilot Exaltos on the 2003, and Michelin Primacy MXV4's on the 2009. The Primacy's are an OUTSTANDING tire. The Exaltos are also good, but are nail magnets. Check out the tirerack.com ratings for your tires before making any purchase.
Mojo72

Post by Mojo72 »

In September 2011 I replaced a set of Yokohama YK520 tires that didn't last 30,000 miles with a set of Michelin Destinys. I just had them rotated at 5,700 miles and like them very much. I'm getting approximately 1-2 additional MPGs and they do better in the snow than the Yokohamas. I'm looking forward to getting at least 65,000 miles out of these tires.
2004 1.8L (1ZZ-FE) Vibe (Lava Red)16" Michelin Destiny tires