Honda pulls out of F1

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
kunkstyle

Honda pulls out of F1

Post by kunkstyle »

At the risk of starting another gloomy thread, Honda has pulled out of F1 racing, in an effort to free up $500 mil.Full article here--> http://www.reuters.com/article...81205
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
kostby

Re: Honda pulls out of F1 (kunkstyle)

Post by kostby »

I imagine top international hotels and champagne-and-caviar set around the world are mourning the loss!No big loss to the F1 world, except Honda spent more money faster than just about every other F1 team out there.Imagine blowing $500 mil a YEAR to run two cars CONSISTENTLY in the back half of the field, race after race, year after year. You could run a couple of consistent top-10 NASCAR teams on half-that much money! Honda should join NASCAR! They could replace Chevy and/or Dodge if the congressional bailout falls through.Officially Honda is 'looking for a buyer', but they'll likely shut down in January and the 800 Honda F1 engineers and support people in England will be looking for another circus to join.

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
Mavrik

Re: Honda pulls out of F1 (kostby)

Post by Mavrik »

Audi also pulled out of Le Mans I'm sure the corvette team will follow.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
KNINE

Re: Honda pulls out of F1 (kunkstyle)

Post by KNINE »

What does that mean for Danica? She drove a Honda.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
Raven

Re: Honda pulls out of F1 (K-NINE)

Post by Raven »

Quote, originally posted by K-NINE »What does that mean for Danica? She drove a Honda.Danica doesn't race in F1.And I agree, Honda sucked at F1, just ask Jacques Villeneuve, they ruined his career. This comment should raise some hackles.
Vibe_dude

Re: Honda pulls out of F1 (Raven)

Post by Vibe_dude »

Quote, originally posted by Raven »Danica doesn't race in F1.And I agree, Honda sucked at F1, just ask Jacques Villeneuve, they ruined his career. This comment should raise some hackles.I can only agree with you.lol
LOVE THAT VIBE 2003 Satilite Silver auto.......188,000kms.2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer White 4.2 Inline 6 291hp auto.........156,000kms.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yeah that hottie is in indy...
ClunkClunk

Re: Honda pulls out of F1 (Mavrik)

Post by ClunkClunk »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Audi also pulled out of Le Mans I'm sure the corvette team will follow.Oi, I hadn't heard that about Audi As much as they absolutely destroyed the competition, they certainly were the Goliath who needed to be taken down by some David out there.I'm still hoping the Corvette team will move to GT2 class to give some competition to the Ferraris, but it's so doubtful.
2008 Frosty two tone (and 3 other Vibes)