Door Ajar Light On, All Doors Closed

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
FlawlessWord

Post by FlawlessWord »

I am having a problem that is driving me nuts. Last month, I bought a 2003 Pontiac Vibe AWD with remote entry. Everything was fine until yesterday. Now, the door ajar light is on constantly (even when the vehicle is shut off) and the remote Lock will not work. Interestingly enough, the remote Unlock still works as long as I lock the doors from the inside. I have opened and shut every door, including the hatch, several times to no avail. They are all shut, yet still the indicator glows bright red. Furthermore, I have noticed a blinking light next to the radio that blinks constantly. Can anyone clue me in as to what the problem might be?
FlawlessWord

Post by FlawlessWord »

I am having a problem that is driving me nuts. Last month, I bought a 2003 Pontiac Vibe AWD with remote entry. Everything was fine until yesterday. Now, the door ajar light is on constantly (even when the vehicle is shut off) and the remote Lock will not work. Interestingly enough, the remote Unlock still works as long as I lock the doors from the inside. I have opened and shut every door, including the hatch, several times to no avail. They are all shut, yet still the indicator glows bright red. Furthermore, I have noticed a blinking light next to the radio that blinks constantly. Can anyone clue me in as to what the problem might be?
prathman

Re: Door Ajar Light On, All Doors Closed (FlawlessWord)

Post by prathman »

Quote, originally posted by FlawlessWord »I have opened and shut every door, including the hatch, several times to no avail.Does that include the hatch window glass (which can be opened separately) in addition to the whole hatch door?The blinking light on the radio is normal - presumably to look like an alarm system indicator.
GoodVibErations2004

Post by GoodVibErations2004 »

the blinking light next to the radio is a faux-security, theft deterrent light. its supposed to make people think u have a security system....... lol. as for the door ajar light...... try resetting your comp. disconnet the battery for 3 minutes. reconnect and run the engine for 1 minute and shut down. i had that exact problem on an old grand am and doing that fixed it first time for good
GoodVibErations2004 2004 Neptune AWD ^^^^^^^^^^^My Genvibe Garage^^^^^^^^^^^
tribalman

Re: (GoodVibErations2004)

Post by tribalman »

maybe the switch in one of the doors isn't being depressed properly. i'd say check to make sure it is able to be depressed, isn't misaligned, or broken off. hope you get this fixed.
None. Vibe is gone.
RIT

Re: Door Ajar Light On, All Doors Closed (FlawlessWord)

Post by RIT »

Try re-closing the hatch. And, the dors won't lock if the system thinks that one of the doors is open.
renate

Post by renate »

Mine did that once,and it turned out to be the window in the hatch.
Renate and "Babycakes"2008 Stealth/graphite VibeAuto tranny. 16" aluminum wheels,steering wheel cover,front seat covers,Sony stereo w/mp3 jack and satellite ready,Alarm system,proud parent of U.S.Marine magnet
bull77

Re: (renate)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by renate »Mine did that once,and it turned out to be the window in the hatch.I was going to suggest checking that
cerulean

Re: (renate)

Post by cerulean »

Quote, originally posted by renate »Mine did that once,and it turned out to be the window in the hatch.I had the same issue too with the glass in the hatch. Definitely make sure that it is closed.In my case I think I accidentally hit the hatch glass button on the remote when I was fumbling with my keys in the dark.I could do with out the opening glass on the hatch. I never use it and the area between the glass and the rear hatch is just another area to clean when I wash my car.
FlawlessWord

Post by FlawlessWord »

Thanks so much for all the great replies. This forum is awesome! Since so many people suggested it, can someone tell me how to open and close the hatch window? I did not even know that was possible. LOL Would I just hit the hatch button on the remote entry?
Wolfman213

Post by Wolfman213 »

Yes. The hatch button on the remote will work just fine. I think there is a button inside the cabin, but I rarely use it as well so I can't remember where. Possibly to the left of the coin holder??
April 2010 Co-MOTM * Custom LED Gauge Cluster swap * LED dome, HVAC, and shifter * Retrofit projector w/ blue halo * Kenwood KDC-HD942U * Herculined cargo area * Debadged *Wolfman's Garage
Whelan

Re: (Wolfman213)

Post by Whelan »

If your still having the issue you could always check the dimmer switch on the left of the steering wheel. If it is moved up too high it keeps all the lights on all the time. Even higher and it keeps them off all the time.
2012 GLI Autobahn 6MT
cerulean

Re: (FlawlessWord)

Post by cerulean »

Quote, originally posted by FlawlessWord »Since so many people suggested it, can someone tell me how to open and close the hatch window? I did not even know that was possible. LOL Would I just hit the hatch button on the remote entry?If the hatch glass (already open) is your problem, you should be able to just go the the back of your Vibe and pull on the little "hook handle" next the the rear wiper base. If it opens, just shut it so that it latches.
FlawlessWord

Post by FlawlessWord »

Okay, I figured out the hatch window and it's not that. After some detective work, I've discovered that it's the driver's door causing the problem. If I open that door and manually push the activator, the door ajar light goes off. Apparently, something on that door is not aligned properly. If I lean slightly on the door after shutting it, it seems to do the trick. Obviously, that's not the best solution, but I'll have my brother, who is a mechanic, take a look at it to see why the activator is not being hit right. Also, to the person who mentioned the dimmer switch, I think that might be what started this whole problem. Because I'm still familiarizing myself with all the dashboard gadgets, that was flipped all the way up the other day and I lost the ability to see any of my controls. Once I figured out how to turn that off, the problem started. Wierd, huh?