Sunroof Stalling

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Rocetmal

Sunroof Stalling

Post by Rocetmal »

I just bought my brand new 08 vibe this past weekend, and I think I already have a problem. When I open the sunroof it's normal. When I tilt it it's normal. It's when I go from open to closed that I hold down the button and the thing stops halfway. I have to release and press it again to completely close it. Is this how it is meant to work? I seem to think it didn't always do that, but I've only had the thing 3 days so I can't know for sure. It's under warranty so I'm not too concerned, just a little worried that it's already having issues.Thanks for the help!
gr8vibe

Post by gr8vibe »

My sunroof on my 94 cougar did the same thing. i had to hit it twice to close. its meant to do that to close halfway. or all the way if you prefer. some people like it open halfway, but if its not making a disasterious noise while doing it, id say your in the clear!
2009 Honda CR-V EX Alabaster Silver------------------------------------------AIM- iRichard360------------------------------------------myspace- myspace.com/richard05
BlueCrush

Re: Sunroof Stalling (Rocetmal)

Post by BlueCrush »

It is meant to work that way. It is suppose to be a safety feature. But it is more of an annoyance than anything else.Welcome to GenVibe, btw!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
keithvibe

Re: Sunroof Stalling (BlueCrush)

Post by keithvibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »It is meant to work that way. It is suppose to be a safety feature. But it is more of an annoyance than anything else.Welcome to GenVibe, btw! x2it's a safety thing... SOP...
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

it's descibed as normal behavior on page 2-43 of the 2008 Vibe owners manualI disabled it in mine http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=9101
Rocetmal

Post by Rocetmal »

ah thanks guys. sorry that it was already listed somewhere else. you're right it is inconvenient, but I don't think I have the know-how to tinker with it
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

no worries. Any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. Welcome to genvibe, and congrats on the new car. At some point someone will ask you to post pics of it