Moon and tunes help

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
JerseyGT

Moon and tunes help

Post by JerseyGT »

I'm new here. I have a used GT w/ moon & tune option and have 3 questions.........-I have a blown speaker in the passenger/rear door. I found it easy enough to get to, but how do you remove the fasteners holding it in?-Once i am able to remove the speaker, Anyone got a line/suggestion on a reasonably priced replacement?-Where is this sub woofer that I hear about? I've never heard one in my car and there are no adjustments for it on the audio menu.Last, but not least, I'm getting the recall done on Tuesday for the window bolts. Both my front windows have been loose since i bought the car. Kind of scary. The service tech said something about changing the window glass and the windshield? I thought it was just a couple of bolts, no....
Sublimewind

Re: Moon and tunes help (JerseyGT)

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by JerseyGT »I'm new here. I have a used GT w/ moon & tune option and have 3 questions.........-I have a blown speaker in the passenger/rear door. I found it easy enough to get to, but how do you remove the fasteners holding it in?-Once i am able to remove the speaker, Anyone got a line/suggestion on a reasonably priced replacement?-Where is this sub woofer that I hear about? I've never heard one in my car and there are no adjustments for it on the audio menu.Last, but not least, I'm getting the recall done on Tuesday for the window bolts. Both my front windows have been loose since i bought the car. Kind of scary. The service tech said something about changing the window glass and the windshield? I thought it was just a couple of bolts, no....you have to drill out the pop rivets to get the speakers out.. Good replacements, Polk Audio Db line.. there are some DIY speaker replacement tutorials here if you look in the stickies.. IF you have the sub it should be in the side panel of the trunk on the passenger side.. IF you have it... I would let them replace the side glass, but don't let them touch the front unless absoulty nessassary, a lot of time when removing them they seriously gouge the metal frame, setting you up for some serious rust, down the road.. Welcome to GenVibe BTW...!!!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

My understanding is that the window recall only affects 03 and 04.The moon & Tunes packae didn't include a subwoofer until at least 05.So, you don't have one (I have an 03 w/ M&T, so I don't have one either)also, I am fairly sure the M&T speakers are 4 ohm.
VivaVibe

Re: Moon and tunes help (joatmon)

Post by VivaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »The moon & Tunes packae didn't include a subwoofer until at least 05.Sub-woof not available in 03, it was an add on option in 04, standard with M&T 05 and later.
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage
jerryn

Post by jerryn »

The Subwoofer if you have it is in the passenger side of the rear hatch.