Supercharger's Installed-Wuhoo!

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
kevera

Re: (damronjr)

Post by kevera »

I think we get more than 18mpg.I was being generous and driving like a granny.Maybe honking on it all day 18mpg then.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
warlord

Post by warlord »

Welcome to the land of the supercharged...I get 30-32MPG on my daily drive, roughly the same as before the s/c.
Warlord~ Supercharged 2003 Corolla S -5spd. -Impulse Red
damronjr

Re: (kevera)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »I think we get more than 18mpg.I was being generous and driving like a granny.Maybe honking on it all day 18mpg then.I really do average about 18mpg! I am ALWAYS on the gas full throttle! I got like 27mpg once w/ the S/C on the highway between here and TX, though.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
Vivid_Art

Post by Vivid_Art »

So I was wondering, after installing the S/c, can you keep the cai installed or do you have to mod it to make it fit with the s/c? I am seriously considering a s/c, buying a new car ( mazdaspeed3) is just out of the question for me, Im going to have a buncha student loans to pay off soon . HAve prices gone down at all for it?
kevera

Re: (Vivid_Art)

Post by kevera »

I not going to use a CAI.It makes it run lean,but if you use some kind of engine management(unichip,emanage,etc),it will compensate for it.But I think it reduces life from your motor,that's why I'm staying with the stock air box.
Vivid_Art

Post by Vivid_Art »

Yeah I guess having the stocking intake would work just fine. Well thanks, I love your car Kevera, its a sweet looking vibe you did a really nice job. How much do you think you spent on the s/c?
joker

Re: Supercharger's Installed-Wuhoo! (kevera)

Post by joker »

where do I get one, how much does it cost ,and how is my warranty affected
Lancer

Re: Supercharger's Installed-Wuhoo! (joker)

Post by Lancer »

Best bet is from E-bay.Got mine for $1500.Warranty... (removed)!! What warranty after installation! Silly wabbit.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
Sublimewind

Post by Sublimewind »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »I not going to use a CAI.It makes it run lean,but if you use some kind of engine management(unichip,emanage,etc),it will compensate for it.But I think it reduces life from your motor,that's why I'm staying with the stock air box.So you thing the CAI kills the life of your motor MORE than the S/C ..... Yo crazy mang..
AKLGT

Re: (damronjr)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by damronjr »I avg about 18mpg, so what does that tell ya! I also already snapped a rod in 1 engine with it! me too. actually, i've been averaging about 19-20 mpg city (not on it in the city). when i'm at the track or autox, i average about 17-18 mpg. i suppose that's not bad since i'm idling the whole time.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
kevera

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by Sublimewind »So you thing the CAI kills the life of your motor MORE than the S/C ..... Yo crazy mang.. Together they can with the TRD ecu.The problem lies in the TRD piggyback.The only way you can scrape by is with water injection with METHANOL/ALCOHOL.Running lean on an s/c make motor go boom.
joker

Re: (Sublimewind)

Post by joker »

I wasn't trying to steal your Trix, I was just wanted to know if there was a GM performance supercharger that when installed by the dealership would still allow you to keep you warranty. I should have been more clear, sorry.
kevera

Re: (joker)

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by joker »I wasn't trying to steal your Trix, I missed that one.I'm not sure if they would still do that.You would have to buy the s/c from the dealer and have them install it to get any kind of warranty.It might get costly though.If your interested,talk to your/a dealer then.
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

You can't buy it from the dealership anymore. THEY have discontinued it. Either not enough sales or too many 'problems' that I'm sure they blame on the s/c. Personally, I just think that GM doesn't like the idea of a 'wagon' being faster then thier 'performance' cars (grand prix, g6, g5).
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
kevera

Re: (Lancer)

Post by kevera »

Yes and no.I picked my s/c from a dealer.Definitely 99% of them don't have one,but there are a few with old stock and they may want to get rid of them for a way better price.That's how I got mine.Some searching may turn up a scattered one.
joker

Re: (Lancer)

Post by joker »

thanx