Meet In North Florida!!!!!

Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, North & South Carolina
silvrhawk7

Re: (Domino's Chris)

Post by silvrhawk7 »

Quote, originally posted by Domino’s Chris »silverhawk, did you want a switch to the DRL cut or did you just want to snip the wire?Lets do a switch, if you need me to pick up a couple of rocker switches let me know...I have a socket set and screwdriver bit sets as well i can bring, I can also grab a couple of pairs of pliers as well before i leave that saturday.
In Memory, taken too early in a rear end collision
Sunrise: June 2006, Sunset: Jan 2015 :cry:
Miles 129,000
2006 Silver Mono, Base 4-Speed auto.
In Memory of Pontiac Motor Division 1926-2010
In Memory of the Pontiac Vibe 2002-2009
Domino's Chris

Re: (ANO_Vibe)

Post by Domino's Chris »

maybe it would be easier if you guys got what you wanted as far as switches; then you wouldnt have to deal with my horrid taste, haha...otherwise, is there an autozone/discount around or a radio shack?
2003 Toyota Matrix XRAlways under construction...Quote, originally posted by Chris to some kid at school »"Hey, do me a favor and go down to the parts department and get me some V-tech fluid, a flux capacitor, and turn signal juice."^The beauty is that he actually WENT to the parts department and and the guy told him it was all on order^-C
GrayFox

Re: (Domino's Chris)

Post by GrayFox »

there's an Autozone and Radio Shack down the road for where V, Anna, & I are staying.Autozone510 S Ponce De Leon Blvd, St Augustine, FLRadio Shack1860 N Ponce De Leon Blvd, St Augustine, FLI'll run by Autozone this weekend and see if I can find a nice switch
JesseWHHS

Post by JesseWHHS »

I turned in my time away from work request tonight, I'll talk to a manager about it tomorrow and see whats up.If I do come, i'll give the guy that needs pliers a brand new pair of duralast needle nose pliers... still in package. blue rubber grips, very nice. woot. haha.For LEDs, you buy those online right? I havent bought any in forever, but I remember you couldnt ever get any decent LEDs local. I'll know by wednesday for sure, so if I come Imma have to opt for teh DRL with switch, red cup holder LEDs w/o switch, and umm, as far as now thats it. I just installed all the wiring for an amp tonight, all is good except for a spot where I got lazy. haha. If I come I'll show you all. But when you hear the 15" CVR pounding away, it won't matter much.Everyone wish me luck on getting off saturday.
2003 Vibe with a 2006 Corolla Engine 16" alloys with Fuzion HR-i's on emred neon underglowtinted; 35 on 4 doors, and 15 on back 3 windowsBosch Platinum Fusion +4 spark plugsmoon and tunes package15" Kicker CVR in kicker ported box with Rockford Fosgate P5002 amp
Domino's Chris

Re: (JesseWHHS)

Post by Domino's Chris »

i get the ones i used and will use at radioshack; they have a built in resistor and a little housing with a mounting nut on them already attached....they're not blindingly bright, but they're definitely noticeablei do know that people have had problems finding them at radioshack too, so it might not be at your local onedid you just want a little plain toggle switch for your DRL then?
2003 Toyota Matrix XRAlways under construction...Quote, originally posted by Chris to some kid at school »"Hey, do me a favor and go down to the parts department and get me some V-tech fluid, a flux capacitor, and turn signal juice."^The beauty is that he actually WENT to the parts department and and the guy told him it was all on order^-C
VibeTronic

Post by VibeTronic »

Quote, originally posted by JesseWHHS »I turned in my time away from work request tonight, I'll talk to a manager about it tomorrow and see whats up.If I do come, i'll give the guy that needs pliers a brand new pair of duralast needle nose pliers... still in package. blue rubber grips, very nice. woot. haha.For LEDs, you buy those online right? I havent bought any in forever, but I remember you couldnt ever get any decent LEDs local. I'll know by wednesday for sure, so if I come Imma have to opt for teh DRL with switch, red cup holder LEDs w/o switch, and umm, as far as now thats it. I just installed all the wiring for an amp tonight, all is good except for a spot where I got lazy. haha. If I come I'll show you all. But when you hear the 15" CVR pounding away, it won't matter much.Everyone wish me luck on getting off saturday.IWish ya The Best luck... My Boss Is Actin Up About Next Saturday...........I hopehe dont make me work next saturday....(but what i will do is do all my paperwork ahead of time an see will that prevent from havin to work ..if not i will get there eventually but i may be late .......Wish me Luck Back
VIBETRONIC IS HER NAME AND SPEED IS HER GAMEFlOriDa MeEt FaLl 2007??? 2003 Frosty VibeNew Paint JobNew GM Rocker Moldingz20% TintHID Fog LampsApc ExhaustMotegi FF7 Rims 101,800 Miles VIBES GET BETTER WITH AGE..Pontiac.!
silvrhawk7

Post by silvrhawk7 »

Yeah, work was giving me a little static about that weekend as well considering they decided to put 2 projects back to back that following week. But hey, my Saturdays are my Saturday's, (i don't ask for much) and as long as I'm there by Monday. But they're are also a lot of events going on that weekend as well. but like i have said before come H*** or high water i will be there.....
Miles 129,000
VivaVibe

Re: Meet In North Florida!!!!! (Agenda)

Post by VivaVibe »

Time is getting close for our North Florida Vibe/Matrix Meet in St.Augustine. Only 1 week to go! I thought I'd post a probable Agenda of activities. If you happen to be late, this might help you locate us.Initial Meet location is the Belz Factory Outlet mall parking lot just east of the I-95/FL-16 exit #318. See the first post in this thread for an aerial view.SAT, FEB. 17, Times are approximate12noon Some will arrive early; there are lots of eateries in the area for those that need to grab lunch before we start.1:00pm Meet begins, Sign-In and get your packet1-2:00pm Labelling cars and introducing everyone2-4:00pm Modding demos, Voting on cars, any other stuff4:30pm (about) Road Rally on nearby roads, map provided5:00-5:30pm Arrive at Ruby Tuesdays for dinner; Awards presentation7-8:00pm After dinner some may want to engage in other socializing, but the event is officially over.Naturally this proposed agenda can be modified if needed. At this time weather reports indicate partly cloudy with low to mid 60s. Let's hope we get a good day for what promises to be a great meet.
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage
GrayFox

Re: Meet In North Florida!!!!! (VivaVibe)

Post by GrayFox »

Cool Viva!I posted this on MO just so everyone over there would have an idea, too.
GrayFox

Re: Meet In North Florida!!!!! (ANO_Vibe)

Post by GrayFox »

5 days! (well 4 for me b/c I should be in Florida Friday )I'm getting excited... My car should be out of the shop tomorrow, tires are on the way, the only thing left is an oil change Oh yeah Chris, BTW I picked up a switch. I'll try to figure out where I want it when I get my car back.
JesseWHHS

Post by JesseWHHS »

just got my front end aligned and an oil change. I should be good to go. I should find out today if they granted my request or not. I put "Going out of town for the day". I guess they should allow that right? HmmI am getting my amp today, and should get my new 15" kicker tomorrow. I'll be ready. I wont be COMPLETY boring I guess. haha. Got the tint, neons, and sub. haha.Anyone have a X-360 and wanna buy a few games for cheap? haha. got PGR3 and GRAW I will bring along just in case.
2003 Vibe with a 2006 Corolla Engine 16" alloys with Fuzion HR-i's on emred neon underglowtinted; 35 on 4 doors, and 15 on back 3 windowsBosch Platinum Fusion +4 spark plugsmoon and tunes package15" Kicker CVR in kicker ported box with Rockford Fosgate P5002 amp
VibeTronic

Post by VibeTronic »

I hear ya all about those oil changes i minus well do mine cause it will need one at 83,000 ..gone ahead and do it at 82,500 an be done with it all before the meet.. i gotta find some time to clean my engine cause that baby is nasty...lol maybe friday afternoon
VIBETRONIC IS HER NAME AND SPEED IS HER GAMEFlOriDa MeEt FaLl 2007??? 2003 Frosty VibeNew Paint JobNew GM Rocker Moldingz20% TintHID Fog LampsApc ExhaustMotegi FF7 Rims 101,800 Miles VIBES GET BETTER WITH AGE..Pontiac.!
GrayFox

Re: (VibeTronic)

Post by GrayFox »

Quote, originally posted by VibeTronic »i gotta find some time to clean my engine cause that baby is nastyoh I'm glad you mentioned that I'll add that to my to-do list
VibeTronic

Post by VibeTronic »

Yeah i took a look at it today an was shocked cause the alternator was black...lol and you could just see the dirt on the top of the motor and tranny so a good hose off will do it fine an keep the motor running a tad bit cooler (cause it wont insulated by the oil or dirt)...an with the mileage my car has on it right now (mostly city miles there is dirt everywhere) tha would be terrible to open the hood an see that...lol
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

haha well my mother-in-law lives on a dirt road so my Vibe is well overdue for some TLC but hopefully the body shop will have her looking nice and spiffy
VibeTronic

Post by VibeTronic »

Great To hear..I Hope Your Trip Goes Well .....
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

4 daysI don't guess anyone else is coming from my direction, huh?I think everyone is traveling North or South...
silvrhawk7

Post by silvrhawk7 »

Got the Nighthawk Headlamps installed, and did cool blue for the fog lamps, I still need to get the oil change done probably thursday afternoon...Will also pick up some pliers and bring some screwdrivers as well, do we need connectors(what type of connectors), Wiring, etc???
Miles 129,000
Vibr8tr

Re: (silvrhawk7)

Post by Vibr8tr »

*off topic*Sorry all I won't be there now. I can't drive the Vibe legally for a month (see here for why http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=27145)I might see if I can make it down in the Lancer.... but cause of all the money I have to pay to get my Vibe back on the road, I don't think I can afford it anyway.Sorry again.... get lot's of pictures for me PLEASE!!!!!
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
GrayFox

Re: (Vibr8tr)

Post by GrayFox »

You're the only person coming from that far away north right? Maybe you could ride with someone if anyone is close enough.
Vibr8tr

Post by Vibr8tr »

I think I am the farthest North.... I am not sure (I will check) I think the next closest is in Florida.... are there even any GA vibes going? But that still pus me driving through all of SC and GA.... we will seeThanks for the Idea though, I am looking into it.
MSN: jjbova@hotmail.com - Yahoo: jjbova - Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/jjbovaSee My Vibe at Cardomain.com
VforVIBE

Re: (Vibr8tr)

Post by VforVIBE »

Dang, sorry to hear that man, I hope you can find your way down here, but if not, we'll have a lot of fun with out you...er I mean we'll be very sad, (psst, bring the bird )... how long have you been in NC?
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
JesseWHHS

Post by JesseWHHS »

ok, so I need a different amp for my sub I just got. Anyone have a spare or wanna swap for a Rockford P5002? My sub doesnt match this amp. grr.anyways im planning on being there. getting there around 12 or so. Will I be all alone until 1? haha. Also Can sumone give me their cell # incase I get lost. haha. I looked on the map but id rather be safe than drive 200 miles for NOTHING. haha.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by JesseWHHS »ok, so I need a different amp for my sub I just got. Anyone have a spare or wanna swap for a Rockford P5002? My sub doesnt match this amp. grr.anyways im planning on being there. getting there around 12 or so. Will I be all alone until 1? haha. Also Can sumone give me their cell # in case I get lost. haha. I looked on the map but id rather be safe than drive 200 miles for NOTHING. haha.ANO and his wife and I will be there around noon... as for my cell, I will be giving it out in case anyone needs help becoming even more lost...
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
GrayFox

Re: (VforVIBE)

Post by GrayFox »

haha yeah we're gonna be the early ones. We'll setup everything and you guy get to clean up lol
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

If I left tomorow morning you think I'd make it? I'm not a happy camper with this 2 feet of snow we got last night. If I would have caught this sooner I wouldn't mind spending a week down there basking in your heat. Could be an early spring break and Vibe meet! I probably wouldn't even be able to get my vibe out of the garage now cause its so darn low.My friend's mom lives in Northport. How far away is that from Augustine?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Vibr8tr

Re: (Merzbow)

Post by Vibr8tr »

I don't know, but if you change your mind and go, e-mail me first.... We could Vibe-pool the way down there.....
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

Merz, it's about 4 more hours south than St. Augustine and Fayettville would be well out of your way but you would have one hell of a drive anyway so why not take a little detour that would be cool if you could come just rig up a snow plow to your Vibe
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »If I left tomorow morning you think I'd make it? I'm not a happy camper with this 2 feet of snow we got last night. If I would have caught this sooner I wouldn't mind spending a week down there basking in your heat. Could be an early spring break and Vibe meet! I probably wouldn't even be able to get my vibe out of the garage now cause its so darn low.My friend's mom lives in Northport. How far away is that from Augustine?Boy you are not the only one fed up with winter lol....I would love to drive down to Florida!Have a great meet gals/guys and please take some sunny pics for us freezing our butts up here!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

GrayFox

Re: (ArcsVibe)

Post by GrayFox »

C'mon Arcs! You know you want to
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

Well, I didn't say I HAD to visit my friends mom while I was down there. I could just get a room somewhere else lol. Like I said, too bad I didn't find out about it sooner or that would have been a fun early spring break for me.ANO get the helll outa here with your stupid weather forcasts Our forecast is sunny too for the rest of the week...except I don't think it's suposed to get about 19F...(removed) but atleast it's sunny right?
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

LOL sunny is a plus so are you really considering coming down? If you do then I won't get the "Fool who drove the farthest" award
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

No I can't at this late of notice. I would have to know atleast two weeks in advance for work. I wouldn't take my Vibe out in the snow anyways to get there. The roads are still wet and salty and disgusting and snowy so the trip through the northern states alone would make me nervous.
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

haha well better safe than sorry I guess Maybe next year
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

awe man, it would have been so cool if you could have come down, but maybe next year.
silvrhawk7

Post by silvrhawk7 »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »ANO and his wife and I will be there around noon... as for my cell, I will be giving it out in case anyone needs help becoming even more lost... I will probably be there early as well, because of Daytona traffic
Miles 129,000
silvrhawk7

Post by silvrhawk7 »

Quote, originally posted by Merzbow »If I left tomorow morning you think I'd make it? I'm not a happy camper with this 2 feet of snow we got last night. If I would have caught this sooner I wouldn't mind spending a week down there basking in your heat. Could be an early spring break and Vibe meet! I probably wouldn't even be able to get my vibe out of the garage now cause its so darn low.My friend's mom lives in Northport. How far away is that from Augustine?If it were a clear day, you could make it in about 24 hours, I used to Live in White Lake Township, and I still have extended family there. I pulled it off in 25 hours from West Palm Beach
Miles 129,000
VivaVibe

Re: (silvrhawk7)

Post by VivaVibe »

I expect to arrive around noon. Looking forward to meeting everyone. See yah!
2004 Base Shadow MonotoneMoon-n-Tunes, Power Pkg16" Alloys, AT, ABS, Side Air-bagsPin-stripe, 30% Tint, Fat exhaust tipMy GenVibe Garage
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »C'mon Arcs! You know you want to Those are making me drool right about now lol It is 1F this afternoon not factoring in the wind chill factor!
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06

GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

be careful drooling in that cold! it's freaky cold to me around here and it's only about 35(F) lol
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »be careful drooling in that cold! it's freaky cold to me around here and it's only about 35(F) lolHere you go: Straight from http://www.weather.comMontreal, CanadaMostly Cloudy and Windy 1°FFeels Like-24°FNow let me go wipe off that frozen drool while you complain about 35F!!! (removed)
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06

VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by ArcsVibe »Now let me go wipe off that frozen drool while you complain about 35F!!! (removed) hey, come on, 35F is cold too
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by VforVIBE »hey, come on, 35F is cold too Wanna trade places? I will swim at the beach while you shovel the car out!Ok sorry guys to go off topic! Good luck at your meet and again take lots of pics for us
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06

VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by ArcsVibe »Wanna trade places? I will swim at the beach while you shovel the car out!Hey man, I'm goting to have to shovel the Vibe out too, all that nice warm sand don't shovel it's self.
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

oooohhh a MOD went off topic lolhaha he's just jealous we should have updates/pics and stuff for everyone Sat evening sometime
VibeTronic

Post by VibeTronic »

Hey guys..good news!!!....my boss let me have saturday off so..i will see everyone ...i did wash my motor the dirt that was on there for 82,700 miles is finally off whew she Breathes..lol i even waxed my baby today and i think will 1 more time 2moro.... 1 MORE DAY BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

we're about to leave out. I'm working on changing my oil in freezing weather lolSee you guys where it's warmer!
JesseWHHS

Post by JesseWHHS »

So I need advice here people. lol. My parents tell me today they don't like the idea of me going to the meet. cause its so far away and you all are strangers. lol. Well Ive tried a little and cant get then to budge. Any idea of what I can say?I'm 18 years old. I have been employed since I was 16. I am paying for my car, insurance, gas, and everything else I have. Even this damn computer. haha. Ive thrown the "I'm a responsible young adult" thing at them. but hasn't worked yet. I am gonna talk to my dad tomorrow and try to convince him, its easier to convince him than it is her.The main prob is they don't understand why I want to go to this meet. lol. so try to help me out here! W/O this meet on Saturday, my 4 day weekend is CRAP. and well, I don't like CRAP. so genvibers work ur effin magic! haha.
VforVIBE

Post by VforVIBE »

My mom is freaking out too... "I want you to give me a list of the places you'll be and the people you'll be with..."you could tell them, that it means a lot to you and not to worry bacause it'll be in a very public place.
Merzbow

Post by Merzbow »

(removed)...you kids....I had to deal with that when I was 16 three years ago Dont raise your tone of voice, do resonsible things so they see you are ready. If this was earlier you could drive a long way with one of them in the car to maybe a relatives house that lives far away but since the meet is tomorow that wouldn't work.SOOOO HERES MY ADVICE! I say, continue asking nicely tomorow, get up at the time you would be gettting up if you were going to the meet. Ask them nicely again and explain to them all the details, give them phone numbers, addresses, mapquest directions. Show them GENVIBE.com and this thread so they can camp out and read it while you're gone.If they flat out say now after all that work you've done.....GO ANYWAYS! At that point, if you give them real evidence that you can handle it, and they truely do trust you they would let you go. You are an adult at 18 so personally I would go anyways. I missed the first few meets in my area because of my mom and im pissed because every year the meets got smaller and smaller after that.So they do say no.....you go to the meet against their will...you make damage their trust in you but you will prove your responsibility as far as driving safe and stuff like that.