New chat room software?

Let us know of any problems, suggestions, or questions you have about the GenVibe Website and Forums
BlueCrush

New chat room software?

Post by BlueCrush »

I went to the chatroom cause GV forum was not loading and saw that there is new chat software. Here is what I noticed:-You now need your password to log on and you can save your login info for the future so you don't need to type it again. -There are only 3 sounds available - (and they don't work very well when you try to play a sample of them) -You can zoom in and out for larger or smaller text.(good for those of you that are getting older. )-You can now have a floating chat window -You can turn sounds off without turning down your speakers -There is now a logout button-You can now select a tab to let others know you are away or online Looks good but we need more smilies and sounds. lol Edit: I get an audible notification when people log off but not when they log on like it used to.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
VforVIBE

Re: New chat room software? (BlueCrush)

Post by VforVIBE »

souds good, except the sound...
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
Mrizzle05

Post by Mrizzle05 »

what would would be better is if when your logged on it shows on the side of the forum whos in or if anyones in there, to get more people chatting.looks better... +1 on the faces
Must resist.... V... Tec.... Temptation... to strong... "WARNING: Genvibe is a very addictive website... constant use can result in car modification and a lowering of your bank account. use with extreme caution!http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2298639
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Nice find.As a note, we personally had nothing to do with this upgrade. This was provided through the free chat software we happen to use for GVC Chat. The username/password feature is not integrated into the forum database so essentially you can enter any username and any password and it works OK, just like before but this time with a password.We've been looking around for a decent solution that can be integrated into the ZeroForum database but it's not easy to come by.If anything new occurs, I'll post it up.
VforVIBE

Re: New chat room software? (NSimkins)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by NSimkins »As a note, we personally had nothing to do with this upgrade. Sure
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT