SC question.

Supercharger, turbo, nitrous, and anything that has to do with forced induction
tangerine

SC question.

Post by tangerine »

Have any of you guys with SC changed the spring or pully to get more boost out of your SC? and those of you who do have SC's, what#'s are you seeing now?
04 Fusion Orange Base Vibe auto Now no longer with us thanks to ignorant drivers...
damronjr

Re: SC question. (tangerine)

Post by damronjr »

Nope, and never dyno'ed.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Hmm, thats tempting to experiment on. I'd like to se the SC guys getting more boost, if they are doing that well with the turbo then more boost from the SC should be fine and help liven it up some more.
04 Fusion Orange Base Vibe auto Now no longer with us thanks to ignorant drivers...
P-Fernandez

Post by P-Fernandez »

mmmmm... s/cits supposed to add about 40-50?
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

drop lancer a line, i'm pretty sure he switched pullies and upped his PSI
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yea, lancer had the pulleys and was running 10 psi (stock is 7.5)
damronjr

Re: (northvibe)

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »yea, lancer had the pulleys and was running 10 psi (stock is 7.5)Stock is closer to 8.5/9psi. I am stock and running about that at full boost. From what I've heard, there aren't any real gains from doing that.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

yea i dont see those lightened pulleys doing anything for gaining psi. but i think tangerine was talking about different size pulley's, not sure about the spring. best thing for boost might be a unichip so you can tweak the timings and stuff. Also new fuel rails, injectors and water injection.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Are we talking about the Supercharger pulley or the Crank pulley?
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by northvibe »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Are we talking about the Supercharger pulley or the Crank pulley?oh good question...
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

I was reffering to the S/C pulley. a larger pulley and belt there seems to be giving the scion guys around here more power but I haven't ran into anyone with a matrix that has done it yet, and I'v only seen 1 kid with a Vibe here and none modded still except for the 1 fusion that copied mine to the T on the exterior after my accident. Lasting Impressions car show is next weekend I'm gonna have the scion guys reveal where they got their pulleys.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Do they make generic sc pulleys? Id think some testing would need to be done to see good gains but within limits of the sc. Easy and cheap way to get more psi though.
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

Yea I think they do and I'm hoping to experiment on this, I just need to find out if there is anything to worry about if I SC an AWD Vibe or not, I'm stuck deciding on whether to get a base or AWD and what year to get, I'v gotta break down and buy a used one or buy out of state since these crazy dealers are asking way too much over MSRP on Vibes because they sell like hotcakes.
BlueCrush

Re: (tangerine)

Post by BlueCrush »

My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

ohhhhh neato!! more stuff for our engines/sc
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

nice
Lancer

Re: (damronjr)

Post by Lancer »

What I did was use the AEM alternator pulley in my system. It'stwice as large, yet half the weight, of the stock pulley. That and a larger belt will in turn, make the whole system bigger and the stock s/c pulley will turn faster. LIke taking a big crank that's running a small on and switching it with a bigger crank to run the small one.My normal boost starts at 4psi and goes usually to 10psi. I've peaked at 12psi when I get near redline in 3rd during races.Quote, originally posted by damronjr »Stock is closer to 8.5/9psi. I am stock and running about that at full boost. From what I've heard, there aren't any real gains from doing that.Really? You shoud feel how different 10 and 12psi feel compared to 8-9psi. Hehe, no real gains. Tell that to my trashed tranny!
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
damronjr

Re: (Lancer)

Post by damronjr »

What all are you using to get 14psi?
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

That's 12psi. It's only for that last few hundred rpms just before redline in 3rd. Just one last small oohmph before shifting. I got an automatic so it doesn't happen every time. Usually when it's a bit colder out.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »That's 12psi. It's only for that last few hundred rpms just before redline in 3rd. Just one last small oohmph before shifting. I got an automatic so it doesn't happen every time. Usually when it's a bit colder out. Oops! I thought I saw 14 somewhere. Either way, all you have is the AEM Alt pulley different from stock? Does the Unichip have anything to do with the psi limits at all?
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

This is from thier web site:"How does it do it? The gains result from the Unichip’s tight, accurate map sets that correct the Air-Fuel ratio and timing to produce maximum power. On turbocharged vehicles, we additionally modify the boost maps to both raise peak boost to the highest safe level and to start boost earlier and program it to reach its maximum quicker. On modified vehicles, the Unichip allows the mechanical parts you’ve installed to function properly and produce the power you thought were getting, but probably weren’t. "So I gues it does.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

hahhah sotp your making me 1. jealous 2. salivate!!hahhah oh wait wait, tell me more!
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »This is from thier web site:"How does it do it? The gains result from the Unichip’s tight, accurate map sets that correct the Air-Fuel ratio and timing to produce maximum power. On turbocharged vehicles, we additionally modify the boost maps to both raise peak boost to the highest safe level and to start boost earlier and program it to reach its maximum quicker. On modified vehicles, the Unichip allows the mechanical parts you’ve installed to function properly and produce the power you thought were getting, but probably weren’t. "So I gues it does. Guess I'll have to keep that in mind when I have the money. I was going to get one way back, but never did, too many other mods on my plate! lol
ToolGuy

Post by ToolGuy »

Lots of people with Supercharged 3.8L V6 Grand Prix GTP's do this mod and it does work...
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Quote »"man, been there, done that and here's the scoop:2.3 pulley; modest increase in boost (peak 9psi), no hp/tq gain 2.2 pulley; moderate increase in boost (peak 10 psi), absolutely zero hp/tq gain as the dyno showed a shutdown in reading anything from 4.5k rpms i swapped out the water injector size from .7mm to .6mm with the 2.2 pulley dyno pulls and felt a somewhat smoother/saw a smoother pull on the dyno. btw, these changes were evaluated with dyno-tune sessions, and not just (removed)-dyno evaluations-i just did the bypass mod, and i've had the URD 2.3 pulley sitting in the glove compartment waiting to be installed; unfortunately it'll have to wait now...oh well btw, these pulleys were made after prototyping my OEM TRD pulley (via Ultraviolet's hookup)"- Gasser on Matrixowners.com
Lancer

Post by Lancer »

But do they have the open exhaust to let the 10 psi out?By the way I have the 'stock' pulley on the s/c. But my alternator pulley is twice as big as stock. And the drive belt is longer.