Pontiac Pursuit

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
Merzbow

Pontiac Pursuit

Post by Merzbow »

So I'm driving to work and I see a Cobalt drive by. I'm watching it and I notice it has some different, cool-looking taillights on it. I drive past and look in my rear-view to see a pontiac emblem on the front bumper?!?!? I like "woah why the hell does a Cobalt have a Pontiac arrowhead on it??? So I slow down and let it pass and the trunk says "Pursuit". I never knew Pontiac was making a Cobalt twin! I haven't read anything or seen anything at dealers or on tv about it! So, since I like hte Cobalts, I think the Pursuit looks a little better because of the taillights. I didn't get to look at the full thing for long cause we were on the expressway BUT It looked really sharp besides the fact that it was really dirty.I took a picture with my phone but the quality was crappy since we were moving and I don't know how to send myself the pics anyways so It basically looked like the one below.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
wicked1981

Re: Pontiac Pursuit (Merzbow)

Post by wicked1981 »

This is the new Pontiac G5! I thought it looked like the Cobalt too when I saw the rear end of the car. Canadas model is called G5 Pursuit http://www.gmcanada.com/englis...x.jsp I think the US version will just be G5."Pontiac may get an entry-level coupe based on the Chevrolet Cobalt, according to a report by AutoWeek today. The car would be intended as a stopgap measure until GM comes up with more brand-focused products, the report said. Expected as a 2007 model, the car could be called the G5, and would replace the Sunfire. In Canada, GM already sells a Cobalt-based sedan and coupe called the Pontiac Pursuit. " ( http://www.leftlanenews.com/category/pontiac/ )G5 coming in August to USG5 CoupeStandard Equipment2.2L DOHC Ecotec Engine with 148 HP, 1552 LB-FT Torque, MPG 25/34Aero SpoilerAM/FM Stereo with CD/MP3 player, and input jackPower Locks, Windows, and MirrorsGetrag 5-speed Manual TransAir Cond. with particle filtration systemG5 GT COUPEStandard Equipment2.4L DOHC VVT Ecotec Engine 173hp, 163 LB-FT Torque, MPG 25/34Aero SpoilerAM/FM Stereo with CD/MP3 player, and input jackPower Locks, Windows, and MirrorsGetrag 5-speed Manual TransAir Cond. with particle filtration system17-In Aluminum WheelsSport Tuned suspension with monotube shocksChrome Exhaust tip4 Wheel Anti Lock Disc Brakes (ABS)Fog LampsLeather Wrapped Steering Wheel With radio and cruise controlsOption PackagesPremium Package- Leather appointed heated seats and pioneer sound with sub-wooferSun & Sound Package- Sunroofs and pioneer sound with sub-wooferPreferred Package- Cruise control, cargo net, body side moldings, 16-In custom steel wheels, ABSSport Package- Leather wrapped shift knob and steering wheel with radio controls, fog lamps, chrome exhaust tip, 16-In aluminum wheelsSecurity Package- 1 year onstar safe and sound service, head currtains side impact air bags, ABSAvailable Options- 4 Speed Auto TransSeven Speaker, 228 Watt Pioneer Sound System with Subwoofer6 Disc in dash CD ChangerXM Satelite radioRemote startTraction ControlSTARTING PRICE $14,995

Attached files
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

If it said Pursuit it was the Canadian version. No US version will carry that name.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
micbarric

Post by micbarric »

Some more Pursuit(G5?) pics I found on eBay :http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...wItem
2005 Frosty
tangerine

Post by tangerine »

that is freakin ugly as hell...
04 Fusion Orange Base Vibe auto Now no longer with us thanks to ignorant drivers...
damronjr

Re: (tangerine)

Post by damronjr »

Base model Cobalt parked right in front of my house!

Attached files
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

only ones i like are supercharged...which my friend is supposed to buy this summer!!!
Merzbow

Re: Pontiac Pursuit (wicked1981)

Post by Merzbow »

Yeah it said Pursuit, I didn't see any G5 on it. It had Michigan plates though I believe. Although you know what, it might have had Ontario plates...hmmmm. It was on I-75 so I wouldn't be surprised either way.I think the four door cobalts and pursuits look really ugly. ALthough I think they are better than the cavalier and sunfire in most aspects.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/541918-1999 Infiniti Q45t-2003 base Vibe (Rest in peace my love)-2002 Ducati Monster 620 Dark
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Yeah the Cobalt is a definite improvement over the Cavy and Sunfire, in the looks department. The Pursuit (or G5 for you Americans! ) I still haven't decided if I like the looks of it. I think I like it, but sometimes you look at the the wrong way and think "what was Pontiac thinking?" Its not at all sporty. It looks good for entry level car I guess, but it would be nice if it weren't so bland looking.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Merzbow

Re: Pontiac Pursuit (Sputnik)

Post by Merzbow »

Yeah there's definately something missing. They should not allow you to buy hubcaps, only alloy wheels. That would help.
JoeKat

Post by JoeKat »

I think Pontiac needs a small car I hope this works for them. It does look a little bland in the base form.
P-Fernandez

Post by P-Fernandez »

my brother is going back to Monterrey Mexico, and he's realy thinking about getting The Pontiac G4 GT... which is the G5 or pursuit that they allready sell over there..they also have Pontiac G3, Pontiac G4, Pontiac G4 Coupe GT, Pontiac G6, Solstice, Solstice GT, Pontiac Matiz G2, Pontiac Montana SV6, Pontiac Toorrent.....CHECK IT OUT AT http://www.pontiac.com.mxto see prices go to PRECIOS tab o each model.. remember prices are diffrent ( higher)$ 1 US Dollar = $ 11 Mexican Pesosso take out te last number... and thats a pretty good estimateEDIT: cheapest car is Matiz G2... $6,908 dlls... now thats cheap !!!!!
ColonelPanic

Re: (P-Fernandez)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by P-Fernandez »EDIT: cheapest car is Matiz G2... $6,908 dlls... now thats cheap !!!!!They didn't do much to hide the Daewoo roots either. http://www.pontiac.com.mx/cont....htmlI thought I recognized that lil' thing when I saw that hideous x's and swirlys fabric stuff. I can't recall what Daewoo model that is, I've seen it around somewhere on the 'net. You can't forget fabric like that. I thought I recognized the G3 too, which turns out to be the upcoming version of the Chevy Aveo sedan.Back to the Pursuit / G5, I still think the coupe version blows the Cobalt away. The lack of the Cobalt's pre-riced quad tail light treatment makes a world of difference.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
P-Fernandez

Post by P-Fernandez »

hahah i didnt even see that..How did you know that was engine & transmission... motor = enginetransmicion = transmissionhehe i figured yal wil know those
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I know no Spanish -- but I was able to figure out what was what. That's easy... Trying to navigate an Asian automaker's site, uhh, not as easy. Then, I just resort to clicking on stuff. lol!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Kari

Post by Kari »

I can read Spanish pretty well, just slowly...haha. That's the only thing I gained from taking it in high school for two years. I can't speak it and I can only understand basic words spoken slowly, but I can read it!It's pretty bizarre to see prices for little cars numbering in the hundreds of thousands...heh.
GenVibe Global Moderator
P-Fernandez

Post by P-Fernandez »

i kno spanish.. as good as i know english... maybe even better..... Im Mexican. hehe that explains