2007 Elantra

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
ColonelPanic

2007 Elantra

Post by ColonelPanic »

This just in: Hyundai clones the fricken Corolla. The 2007 Elantra just made its debut at New York. I have to say I like it! Plenty of good safety gear all standard, interior volume that blows past the Civic and Corolla, and a pretty spiffy interior. Gotta love the blue lighting. Not the most exciting thing to look at but like Toyota can say the Corolla is capable of stirring people's emotions with its flashy looks either. The first pics I saw of it yesterday made it kinda look like a hatchback with the way the roof slopes and the very short trunk. I'm still not 100% sold on the back end but all in all, it looks ok.Go ahead, laugh at me but this car has certainly made it to my short list of potential Vibe replacements. If later this year when I can finally attempt to dump the Vibe, if I can't get the Sonata, I'm going to try for one of these. Or who knows, I may just save some cash and buy it instead. If they make it top out around $17,000-18,000 they'll have a good thing going. I really don't think it will start at the upper 13's like the current model, considering what happened with the price of the Accent after it was redesigned and got the safety upgrades. That car can top out at $15,500. They've got a small window to price this one between the Accent and Sonata, since you can get a Sonata for slightly below $18000. http://allnewelantra.com/http://www.aut ... 0...antra/
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
AzFusionGT

Re: 2007 Elantra (ColonelPanic)

Post by AzFusionGT »

It really is Coroll-ish...Isn't it the "sister" car of the Kia Spectra? Looks like they have a winner on their hands.
2006 Saturn Vue Red Line -A Moose is on the Loose-1990 Toyota Camry LE-V6 - Katy the Camry -
BlueCrush

Re: 2007 Elantra (AzFusionGT)

Post by BlueCrush »

Ooooooooh! The new Hyundai Corollantra. Nice.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Jahntassa

Post by Jahntassa »

I think automakers are seriously out to try to destroy the aftermarket radio market. They make the dashes as UGLY as possible to put a non-factory radio in, and then put crappy radios in!Sorry..gripe!
2003 Vibe GT Lava"He inched his way up the corridor as if he would rather be yarding his way down it.""For a moment, nothing happened. Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams...we all miss you
mcgusto82

Re: (Jahntassa)

Post by mcgusto82 »

well, the only way to get true form and consistancy in interior design is to completely blend in the cabin. so yes, most buyers expect more from the radio of today's cars. the don't just want a slot where the radio goes. they want a communications' panel. maybe after market radio's need to step it up a notch.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »This just in: Hyundai clones the fricken Corolla. Well, they did adopt the accord's look for the sonata. Who can blame Hyundai though -- their "ripoffs" look better then the originals! I like the new elantra. I didn't not-like the old one though.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Cougar Vibe

Post by Cougar Vibe »

While I like the styling, until Hyundai learns to squeeze more MPG out of it's engines, I'll have to hold off. I mean, if you like the Corolla-esque styling, why not wait and buy a Corolla when they introduce the next generation body style? You'll be able to get a very good deal on a close-out model, and with a M/T, you'll get 41 mpg highway.
ColonelPanic

Re: 2007 Elantra

Post by ColonelPanic »

Other parts of the world are seeing this car now... Pretty spiffy! I like it at least. Plenty of pics here:http://www.wheels24.co.za/Whee....htmlAnd an article: http://www.wheels24.co.za/Whee....htmlI'd buy one before I bought a Corolla for sure.

Image Image
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

cool i like that guage cluster color.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
GrayFox

Re: 2007 Elantra (NascarXprt)

Post by GrayFox »

It does have a bland-uniqueness to it I doesn't look half bad for the kind of car it is. One thing I don't like is triangular fog lights that have that downward curve (looks like the car is mad at everything)
ColonelPanic

Re: 2007 Elantra (ANO_Vibe)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »One thing I don't like is triangular fog lights that have that downward curve (looks like the car is mad at everything)(removed), I just noticed that... That thing looks PISSED! The angle of the headlights don't help much either.

Attached files

Image Image
GrayFox

Post by GrayFox »

lol, there is deffinately a difference between an agressive look and well.... that
ColonelPanic

Re: 2007 Elantra

Post by ColonelPanic »

Cool, now available. Leather seats/steering wheel/shifter, heated front seats, steering wheel audio controls, tilt & telescopic wheel, trip computer, 16" alloys, AM/FM/XM/CD/MP3 with aux in, fog lights, cruise, lighted visor vanity mirrors, power windows/locks/heated mirrors, alarm/keyless, 6 air bags, active front head restraints, ABS w/4-wheel discs. That's the top of the line $18,295 Limited (w/ auto.) 138 HP@6000 / 136 lb/ft@4600 for the ULEV engine, and they have a partial zero emissions version with slightly lower specs. 28/36 highway for both transmissions which is only 1 MPG less than what the Accent gets this year on the road (and my '06 stickers at the same 28/36.)Really nice car for the cash, I think. http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehi....aspxWon't be trading up anytime soon though. lol!

Image Image
drunkenmaxx

Post by drunkenmaxx »

very nice! looks to be much higher quality interior than a carolla would have! the price is great, just look at all those options!still no match for STI, so it's pointless though.
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Ok GM, this is your wake up call.A $14,000 Elantra has STANDARD features and OPTIONS that aren't EVEN options on your $25,000 cars! MP3, auxiliary input, and Bluetooth to start...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ColonelPanic

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Hyundai did go a step backwards with this car though and I think I blame that one on Honda. As things go with the Civic (or at least the way they were for '06,) things like a radio and A/C are optional on the Elantra GLS... At least you do get power windows/locks/heated mirrors/keyless/alarm, 4-wheel discs w/ ABS, six air bags. That surprises me, the last gen had everything standard except for a couple packages containing only ABS/traction control, or a moonroof.. But with the many '07 Elantras they had in stock at my dealer, all had at least the package that gets you the stereo w/aux in, A/C, lighted vanity mirrors, fogs, and cruise.GM should pay attention, so should others. As a person who doesn't have much money to spend yet still wants something safe and doesn't want to go without the nice things... From the standard safety stuff down to the little features like heated mirrors on a car I can afford is greatly appreciated. Good review above too.... Funny that they have a positive opinion on the steering. I keep thinking about a mishap down under recently, an auto mag in Oz totally trashed the Elantra because of the way it steered. (they've got electric power steering new for this year.) But Hyundai took notice quickly and actually sent some engineers from Korea to investigate. As the cars are sold all over the world for different environments and drivers with different tastes, they have the steering gear calibrated differently and the wrong ones were installed in the cars bound for Australia. They instantly began replacing the parts with those of the proper spec.. Kinda sucks that happened, but I thought it was cool how quick the company reacted to right what they had wronged. Hopefully they can keep up with demand worldwide, this year hasn't been kind to them strike-wise. I haven't seen any of these out on the road yet, my dealer had plenty but I've read numerous accounts of them being hard to find, same with the Accent 3-door.

Image Image
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

i like it, but when it comes to quality i'd go with the corolla anywayz