Old Member Update

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
fieryhill

Old Member Update

Post by fieryhill »

Hey everyone I don't know if any of you remember me. I never really posted much and anything I did post was of my two major accidents I had in my vibe, although I really miss that car a lot. I never said what I got after insurance totaled my vibe in November 2004 R.I.P. Well my mom had a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid (Manual T.) which she passed down to me and I then stated that the car was too girly for me so for a birthday present I bought a new set of wheels and tires, which were obviously too heavy and dramatically changed my mileage. She had bought a 2005 civic which i traded with her and put the wheels on it. Here is a pic of my old vibe the hybrid and what I drive now, tell me what you guys think.
djb383

Re: Old Member Update (fieryhill)

Post by djb383 »

Nice rides, especially the Vibe.
'05 Lava Tutone base, Pwr Grp, Moon & Tunes, 16" alloys, Auto.....Yep, it's gotta HEMI
wicked1981

Post by wicked1981 »

Like the headlights on the second Honda.
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by fieryhill »Hey everyone I don't know if any of you remember me. I remember you! Glad to see you posted up and kept us up to date. Nice clean ride you have now.
mcgusto82

Re: Old Member Update (NSimkins)

Post by mcgusto82 »

the second civic lokks extra clean. not rice it out much.
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

I don't know how you were able to remember your password after so long! I would have forgotten mine long ago.When I was looking into buying my Vibe in the fall of '02, I was also looking at an '03 Civic EX coupe with the 5 speed manual tranny. I still don't regret choosing the Vibe GT instead except that the Civic has a huge aftermarket parts bin while the Vibe GT has just about none. But I've kept the Vibe just about stock anyway so I guess in the long run I saved a bunch of money. I hope you have better luck with your new ride!
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
mcgusto82

Re: Old Member Update (Stang2Vibe)

Post by mcgusto82 »

those head lights are lamin-Xed, right?i found their website, but not sure if that's exactly what they look like.i think the tails too. too bad they don't offer the tail kit for the vibe.
fieryhill

Re: Old Member Update (mcgusto82)

Post by fieryhill »

Thanks for all the great replies! It's not lamin-x but it's the same concept it's actually a local guy in Arizona that does it http://www.rockblocker.com, but they also have reps for Connecticut, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oregon, Pennsylvania, and Texas (with more coming soon according to the website). If you had a local rep to contact they would have pictures of similar applications. I guess you could just email them to see if they have any pictures they could send you.
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

rockblocker makes great kits. however, i definitely recommend having a pro do the installs when it comes to their clear bra kits!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I hope you learned your lesson that cars make poor sandwiches what kind of MPGs did you get out of the Civic Hybrid?
fieryhill

Re: Old Member Update (joatmon)

Post by fieryhill »

Haha...Needless to say it wasn't very tasty. Before the wheels which weigh I think 22 lbs each i was getting about 45-51 MPG depending on how I drove. With the wheels it was about 36-42.
slvrvibes

Post by slvrvibes »

I like the 2nd Civic. I hope you are enjoying it.
genvibe garage