Questions about GM/Driveway & Red Tag Sale.

The latest news on what's happening with the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix.
wicked1981

Questions about GM/Driveway & Red Tag Sale.

Post by wicked1981 »

I know its long but I need advice. Ok so tonight I went to check out the cars at my local dealer since I have not bought a car since my wreck http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=17283 and I had a few questions maybe some of the GM employees can answer for me. Can the Red Tag sale discount be combined with the GM in the driveway program? Do you have to choose one or the other? I know some of you have offered the GM discount and I was wondering if you can use them together. I was at the dealer (bad experience) and it started fine. I was looking for an 05 Grand Prix GTP, 06 Pontiac G6 GTP but when I got there there was no 05's. I check out a G6 GTP sedan but was looking for a coupe. It happens to be parked next to an 06 Torrent I see the inside I like, I check out the price I like too. It was $24,874 so I ask about the Red Tag price (I had checked Pontiac. COM to get a rough estimate) and he says he doesn't know he has to check. I test drive it and I like it. Its really roomy, like the controls setup, everything really nice. So he said lets talk numbers so I said no thanks just want to know the price. If its good maybe we can talk. He tells me he cant tell me numbers till he runs credit blah, blah, blah. I say I just want rough estimate and if the GM price also applies he says NO its either one or the other. To make things short he didn't tell me a price till credit had been ran and he even wanted to talk about down payment and monthly payments without ever telling me the price finally I said No thanks I'm walking so then he decides to go get the price. He said it had a $2,100 discount. which would make it around $22,747. Sounds good but he mentioned that it had been terribly slow (even finance lady came and said they needed sales) and he would try anything to sell me the car. I said no thanks and left anyways. Is he right about the discounts? Or is he trying to pull my leg? HELP!!! Aslo in case I need the GM Driveway thing can someone help me with that?
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
scherry2

Re: Questions about GM/Driveway & Red Tag Sale. (wicked1981)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by wicked1981 » Can the Red Tag sale discount be combined with the GM in the driveway program? no you can't use them together.email me with your date of birth and last 4 digits of your SS# and i'll get you an Employee discount #
IMakeVibes

Post by IMakeVibes »

GM employees have access to a GMbuypower website to access GM in the Driveway pricing (as well as employee pricing). If you can be more specific about what you're looking for, someone could probably get you fairly close to the price. Also, Pontiac's website does list Red Tag pricing. You should never have to give up personal info. just to get a price. You don't want to do that very often. Everytime your credit is run (ok, ALMOST every time) it puts an inquiry on your credit report that stays on there for two years.Good luck with your shopping!!!
michaelgt

Post by michaelgt »

It looks like scherry2 has you covered. If not, send me a message. You gotta love the Dealers and Salespeople
jake75

Post by jake75 »

When you checked out pontiac.com I assume you found that a base G6 had an MSRP of 22,955 and a red tag of $20,212.82 so the discount was $2,742. Add another 10% for amt over $29,955 and which is $291 and you get $3,033, a very good approximation of the discount on this $24,874 vehicle. Plus, too many people think that the Red Tag is the absolute bottom line. They might sweeten that deal by a few hundred. Around here dealer ads were offering as much as an additional $500 off the "employee prices" a few months ago. That dealer is either too stupid or too sleezy to be worthy of your business.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
nortsr

Post by nortsr »

or else he had a quota to meet for an incentve bonus from GM or was using the holdback $.
wicked1981

Re: (nortsr)

Post by wicked1981 »

Well the reason I went ahead and gave him my info to run the credit was because if he would have given me a good number I would have walked out with a car last night. Im glad I waited though. I was on GM.com and found that they also offer $500 off for military discount so I could get more off. Thanks for all the info and tips guys. I just want the beast deal. For the employee discount do you need to know what car I would like or will it work on any GM car I find? Right now Im between a GTP G6 or a Torrent, Maybe even a Grand Prix GTP.. Any opinions?
2006 Pontiac G6 GTP3.9L V-6 240hp and 241 lb-ft or torque18" Aluminum, five-spoke, flangeless200 Watt, 8 speaker Monsoon sysChrome dual exhaust tipsLiquid Silver MetallicBorla Custom ExhaustDr. Speed Cold Air Intake
scherry2

Re: (wicked1981)

Post by scherry2 »

the authorization # is good for a year and no vehicle type needed and most dealers will include local and factory rebates.again its no problem for me to send you an authorization # or not. i can give out 2 a month, if you use it fine if not O.K. too. please don't think i'm conning you to get this by asking you to email me your birthday and last 4 # of your s.s# Imakevibes should know that there is a gminthedriveway program, oops sorry he works for toyota....maybe he can get you a toyotainthedriveway authorization.email me you have nothing to loose and maybe a new GM car to gain
wicked1981

Re: (scherry2)

Post by wicked1981 »

Quote, originally posted by scherry2 »the authorization # is good for a year and no vehicle type needed and most dealers will include local and factory rebates.again its no problem for me to send you an authorization # or not. i can give out 2 a month, if you use it fine if not O.K. too. please don't think i'm conning you to get this by asking you to email me your birthday and last 4 # of your s.s# Imakevibes should know that there is a gminthedriveway program, oops sorry he works for toyota....maybe he can get you a toyotainthedriveway authorization.email me you have nothing to loose and maybe a new GM car to gain Dont worry man I completely trust you I already e-mailed you it wasnt about not giving you my info I just didnt know how it worked. I thought you needed to know the model of the car and since Im still not sure I didnt want to tell you to get it for the Torrent and then me end up getting the G6 or the other way around or getting something completely different and then asking again but since it works on any car then its the same either way. Now you said its good for a year so good till Nov of 06 right? Or for this year ending 31 Dec 05?
scherry2

Re: (wicked1981)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by wicked1981 » Now you said its good for a year so good till Nov of 06 right? Or for this year ending 31 Dec 05?your authorization # is good untill 5/15/2006 so it will be 6 months sorry. got your email and responded.
IMakeVibes

Post by IMakeVibes »

Quote, originally posted by scherry2 »the authorization # is good for a year and no vehicle type needed and most dealers will include local and factory rebates.again its no problem for me to send you an authorization # or not. i can give out 2 a month, if you use it fine if not O.K. too. please don't think i'm conning you to get this by asking you to email me your birthday and last 4 # of your s.s# Imakevibes should know that there is a gminthedriveway program, oops sorry he works for toyota....maybe he can get you a toyotainthedriveway authorization.email me you have nothing to loose and maybe a new GM car to gain Yep, I can confirm that this is the information needed by GM to issue an authorization number. And no, I don't work for Toyota, nor do I work for GM. I work for NUMMI. But, in a way, I guess I get the best of both worlds because I get all the GM and Toyota discounts. But Toyota isn't as generous about being able to give discounts to others. It is strictly for immediate family. And where do you work scherry2, if you don't mind me asking>
scherry2

Re: (IMakeVibes)

Post by scherry2 »

Fort Wayne Truck and Bus in Fort Wayne, Indiana. we build the 1500 GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado regular and extended cabs.only picking on ya about the toyota comment. your a UAW member, right?
IMakeVibes

Post by IMakeVibes »

Quote, originally posted by scherry2 » Fort Wayne Truck and Bus in Fort Wayne, Indiana. we build the 1500 GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado regular and extended cabs.only picking on ya about the toyota comment. your a UAW member, right? Yea, I know you weren't serious about the Toyota comment, but I thought other people might take it serious and want to know how to get a Toyota in the Driveway #. Yep, we are UAW Local 2244. We're the only plant Toyota is affiliated with in North America that is union. A couple of the other plants are trying to get employees to vote to organize though.
mi99amigo

Post by mi99amigo »

Hi all, I just joined this forum as we are ready to buy our Vibe with the Red Tag Sale. However, I just learned about theis GM in the Driveway thing. How can I also get a certificate? Does anyone out there have an extra one you can pass on to me? We are loyal GM fans, we already own an Avalanche and a Buick Rainier. Also, should we be buying now or wait until January? Are dealers more motivated in January?Thanks in advance!Chris
Pablo1669

Re: Questions about GM/Driveway & Red Tag Sale. (mi99amigo)

Post by Pablo1669 »

Quote, originally posted by mi99amigo »Also, should we be buying now or wait until January? Are dealers more motivated in January?Thanks in advance!ChrisThey are usually more motivated at the end of the year to move inventory.
-Brian