Vacuuming

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
POLO

Vacuuming

Post by POLO »

Last summer i bought this vacuum 12V battery ,very portable,powerful...http://www.canadiantire.ca/(removed)...=trueBut after a hour of vacumming the car,the battery start low,so he lost it``s power.So,now i wonder if it`s not more good to have with cordon,have power anytime,so i wonder if this it`s ok.http://www.canadiantire.ca/(removed)...l.jsp
Kari

Re: Vacuuming (POLO)

Post by Kari »

Well, any vacuum that you can get in the car and work with in the car will work, really... But if your question is about whether or not you can plug the vacuum into the household outlet in the dash and run it off of that, then it won't work, because it just draws too much power. This was one of the things I wanted to use my household outlet for, but unfortunately, it doesn't work.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

I like to use a shop-vac on car interiors. It can suck most of the sand and fine dirt out of the carpets and the attachments help to clean out the hard-to-reach places. LOTS of power from a shop-vac!
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I have the corded version of that shark vaccuum, it works out much better than battery powered ones. I would recommend the one I have.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
drunkenmaxx

Re: Vacuuming (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

those corded sharks have some (removed) behind them!! they move when you first turn them on because of the circular motion!!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
Mr. Poopypants

Re: Vacuuming (drunkenvibe)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »those corded sharks have some (removed) behind them!! they move when you first turn them on because of the circular motion!!That's what I'm talkin about.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
DaddyVibeMI

Post by DaddyVibeMI »

I have to go to my parents house to use their powerful shop vacuumm that my daughter like throw Kix cereal over place in Vibe. Took me about fifteen mintues complete clean from front to rear. No more cereal in Vibe for while....
Car Domain.com ~ DaddyVibeMI
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

I bought a small vac at Home Depot a few weeks ago, but you can only use it for about 20 minutes at a time. The motor gets so hot that is goes into thermal shutdown! But while it works, it works well....now the Vibe is clean, so it shouldn't need 20 minutes worth of vacumming.
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
huskerpt

Post by huskerpt »

The best vacuum that I have used is my home vacuum, a Dyson. With three short hair dogs I had to have something better that a Shop Vac or a Hoover Wind Tunnel. I have cleaned both my vehicles with all three vacuums and the Dyson wins hands down. Only downfall it the price, at least $400.
Stang2Vibe

Re: Vacuuming (huskerpt)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

That reminds me, my mom's Filter Queen vacuum used to do a pretty good job too. But that thing was way too expensive to suggest that someone buy one just for cleaning the car.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
Atomb

Re: Vacuuming (Mr. Poopypants)

Post by Atomb »

Quote, originally posted by Mr. Poopypants »I have the corded version of that shark vaccuum, it works out much better than battery powered ones. I would recommend the one I have.those corded shark vaccuums suck! sorry, couldn't resist and when i saw that nobody has taken advantage of using the line, i just had to!
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
Ponyota

Post by Ponyota »

I'd just buy a small shop vac. Not to small though, I bought a really small one ( Black & Decker) and it isn't very powerful. It hardly even picks up small gravel off the carpet that you get from your shoes. I have to invest in a better one.
Click on signature to view Ponyota on cardomain
Altus

Re: Vacuuming (silverawd26)

Post by Altus »

Yup - I'm going to chime in here and vote for good 'ol Shop Vac's too.I've got one of the small ones, a real Shop Vac branded 5 gal one - and it works perfectly - very powerful, and you can get all the attachments you like to work the way you want to.
2003 Shadow Vibe -- Alloys, Auto, and Allota fun!Vibe #4,873Sadly, traded-in for a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan