First use of clay bar

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
huskerpt

First use of clay bar

Post by huskerpt »

I bought and used a clay bar last night and loved the results. I plan on using it on the rest of my vehicles. I would reccommend this to anyone. Has anyone tried the new Mequiar's wax? I think it is called Tech X. I currently use, and love Gold Class.
Mr. Poopypants

Re: First use of clay bar (huskerpt)

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

I have not used the tech wax but I have heard good things. I usually stick with the Gold Class as well. If you want, try the tech wax and let us know.
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

Yep Claybar is great...baby smooooooth!
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.
5lbsofswisscheese

Post by 5lbsofswisscheese »

I tried Meguiar's NXT tech wax or whatever it's called. It seems to work pretty good, but it's nothing special. It goes on and wipes off very easy, and that's its best feature. The shine it provides is moderate, and doesn't last very long. It has a dire warning printed on the bottle against letting it touch vinyl or rubber, too.(Edited to provide more detail)
2004 Fusion Vibe GTMoon & Tunes, 6-CD changer, 17" Wheels, Power Package35% tint17"x7" Enkei 5+ wheels, 215/50/R17 Fuzion Zri tires(Goodbye to the old '03 Neptune GT! I'll always have the radio to remember it by.)
Stang2Vibe

Re: (5lbsofswisscheese)

Post by Stang2Vibe »

Thanks for sharing that info! Many members often ask about different waxes and the like so any first hand product info is always welcome and helpful.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.