Calgary Meet #4

Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Saskatchewan
Keely

Calgary Meet #4

Post by Keely »

Now, now, all you non-VMX.ca-ers, don't hate us because we're active. Hear ye, hear ye, on account of VC purchasing a Magnaflow exhaust, and on account of two Vibe exhibiting troublesome CELs from Meet #3...The VMX.ca people shall meet at some time this weekend (19th or 20th) at Keely's house again for more burgers, more pop and no more ice cream cake (my hips can't handle it)! Please declare your preferred date and time of day, please!
keely dunn
VibeChick

Re: Calgary Meet #4 (Keely)

Post by VibeChick »

Either day is fine for me...Sunday is father's day...don't know if that might be a busy day for some of our members (Ivan)New exhaust...woohoo!!!!Last mod before I start saving for Mexico
Used to have: 04 Monotone Abyss 5 SpeedNow the proud owner of a black 2005 SRT-4230 Hp250 lb/ft torque
Mavrik

Re: Calgary Meet #4 (VibeChick)

Post by Mavrik »

I don't hate you guys, I hate how boring ontario is I gotta go to hang with the Matrix guys, they are a fun group for sure but where are the Vibes?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
AKLGT

Re: Calgary Meet #4 (Mavrik)

Post by AKLGT »

hey, atleast you got the trix guys there! i got nobody... i'm all alone! whaa whaa! but maybe i'll have another viber eventually to hang out w/. then we can have lots of meets... he he he
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Mavrik

Re: Calgary Meet #4 (trdvibe)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »hey, atleast you got the trix guys there! i got nobody... i'm all alone! whaa whaa! but maybe i'll have another viber eventually to hang out w/. then we can have lots of meets... he he hereminds me of the song, Just The Two Of UsAnyway without hijacking their thread...You guys ever think of doing a meet and raising money for a charity?
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
DjDoubleLP

Post by DjDoubleLP »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »reminds me of the song, Just The Two Of UsAnyway without hijacking their thread...You guys ever think of doing a meet and raising money for a charity?We would need more people for that. Maybe the one in Sept. would be a good time for that if we get more people out.
Got me a new car!!A 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS S/C!!Black w/ black leather interior
Mavrik

Re: Calgary Meet #4 (DjDoubleLP)

Post by Mavrik »

Well thats true, you do need a few ppl for that sort of thing...
SWiRv

Re: Calgary Meet #4 (VibeChick)

Post by SWiRv »

New exhaust...woohoo!!!!Carrie -- you are out of control!! I'll be MIA this weekend... sorry guys, but please let me know what you discover with the CEL.
"... to boldly go where no one has gone before." 2004 Pontiac Vibe GTMonotone Salsa3M Hood Protector FilmSylvania SilverstarsInjen Cold Air Intake
DjDoubleLP

Re: Calgary Meet #4 (SWiRv)

Post by DjDoubleLP »

Will do.
Got me a new car!!A 2007 Chevrolet Cobalt SS S/C!!Black w/ black leather interior
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »I don't hate you guys,I dunno, I kinda hate 'em.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Keely

Re: Calgary Meet #4 (ragingfish)

Post by Keely »

Okay, let's get back on track, shall we? We've got SWiRv as an ixnay, VC and DJ either day...We need CC and JC to weigh in. Leaning to Saturday because of Dad's day.
keely dunn
AKLGT

Re: Calgary Meet #4 (Keely)

Post by AKLGT »

i believe from vmx that JC and CC will not be able to attend this one, so looks as if just the 3 of you! but much will be accomplished anyways.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

B-day party on Saturday, and Daddies day on Sunday....sorry will have to miss this one too. Miss you all though.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
StampedeVibe

Re: (Celtic_Curse)

Post by StampedeVibe »

Hey guys,I've been AWOL for awhile, as I usually log in at work, and it's been crazy busy there for the last month or so.Anyways, I picked up a computer (finally!), and I can log in from home. To make a long story short, I can finally log in, regardless of how things are going at work. As for a meet this weekend, I can't make it. Sat. is booked off for my gf (she's been kinda trying to get some 'quality time together'). So cancelling on her would be a big no no. I'm golfing Sunday, and I'll have to go into work Sunday evening, so that's gone for me too. Let me know when the next meet is, and I'll definitly try to make the next one!
AKLGT

Re: (StampedeVibe)

Post by AKLGT »

man, you guys are just meet happy! LOL. but that's cool... next year, i plan to have some small vibe meets myself LOL
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
VibeChick

Re: (StampedeVibe)

Post by VibeChick »

I'm sure it won't be long before we have another meet. This one will be really small anyhow, just me, Keely and DJ.Watch for plans for a camping trip beginning of Sept out at Sylvan Lake too!
Used to have: 04 Monotone Abyss 5 SpeedNow the proud owner of a black 2005 SRT-4230 Hp250 lb/ft torque
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

We've got to wait till Sept. Can we have one in July I'm working on a Couple of things that CG is helping me with, the mod bug has hit me hard so I'm going to get some new toys that are top secret for now.
2003 Supercharged 5spd Vibe BaseGM Supercharger + TRD ECUMagnaflow Cat Back + DC Sports Header 18" AXIS rimms w/Kumho TiresTop Spoiler + Vis CF Functional Scoop
celica girl

Post by celica girl »

ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Perhaps I need to fly out and crash one of your meets!
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Mavrik

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by Mavrik »

You planning on crashing the plane? I didn't know Mike Jr was a terrorist Actually I might drive out to one of your meets next year guys, just to keep that in mind.
VibeChick

Post by VibeChick »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »We've got to wait till Sept. Can we have one in July I'm working on a Couple of things that CG is helping me with, the mod bug has hit me hard so I'm going to get some new toys that are top secret for now.No, I didn't mean that we had to wait until Sept....just that we want to do the camping thing in Sept. I'm sure we'll be having another meet soon!
Keely

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Actually I might drive out to one of your meets next year guys, just to keep that in mind. (removed)....hide! Just kidding, it would be great to see you. I'm usually out in T.O. once or twice a year for a tournament, although this summer we're in Ottawa rather than the other capital of Ontario. Let us know ahead of time and we'll try to plan something big!
keely dunn
Keely

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by Celtic_Curse »We've got to wait till Sept. Can we have one in July I'm working on a Couple of things that CG is helping me with, the mod bug has hit me hard so I'm going to get some new toys that are top secret for now.What? Top secret toys? And who the hell is CG? CC, this is absolutely no fair!!!
keely dunn
celica girl

Post by celica girl »

I think I'm CG?JC=CG?Unless there si somebody else helping you with your mods?
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

That would be correct CG
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »Actually I might drive out to one of your meets next year guys, just to keep that in mind. he he he! i might be tagging along too yes??? or we talking about something else? uh oh... now i'm confused!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
SWiRv

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by SWiRv »

Hey, I'm back. Sorry to switch topics, but how did VC, KD, and DJ do on the re-meet this past weekend? Did you guys figure out the CEL prob.? VC, how does the exhaust sound?
"... to boldly go where no one has gone before." 2004 Pontiac Vibe GTMonotone Salsa3M Hood Protector FilmSylvania SilverstarsInjen Cold Air Intake
Keely

Re: (SWiRv)

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by SWiRv »Hey, I'm back. Sorry to switch topics, but how did VC, KD, and DJ do on the re-meet this past weekend? Did you guys figure out the CEL prob.? VC, how does the exhaust sound?Goodness knows we could all use a little "on topic" now and again!Let's see... DJ managed to get the lid off my MAF and did the aircan tango on it. The CEL has been reset and I'm only finished drive cycle #1 since, so I'll have to keep you posted. My CEL came on the last time on cycle #3, just like it did the first time...DJ then did the Magnaflow install in what would have been record time had he not dropped the old exhaust pipe on his nose and have to take an injury time-out. After checking for breakage, stopping the blood and popping a few pre-emptive anti-inflammatories, he got right back to it - what a trooper!!!I have to say that even as conservative as I am, I was impressed that the exhaust didn't sound too much louder, just a little bit (of course, with DJ dropping the hammer the decibels go through the roof ). I also liked that it didn't sound whiny or tinny in any way. The consensus is that there is a nice performance boost, although I don't think we'd see the same leap as with the CAI install (what a bang for buck that mod is!). Oh, and I think VC likes it too. How is your car doing?
keely dunn
VibeChick

Re: (Keely)

Post by VibeChick »

Yes, I like it very much. It sounds really good, a nice deep reasonant sound - not high pitched and whiny. The car is definitely louder at idle when it's first started up, but it's pretty quiet if you're not revving it like crazy.And thanks DJ for leaving a little tread left on my tires
DjDoubleLP

Re: (VibeChick)

Post by DjDoubleLP »

No problem VC. And just so everyone knows.......the nose is feeling better today.
SWiRv

Post by SWiRv »

Hey, good news... I tore open my fenderwell on Tuesday and discovered the main problem. DJ was right all along -- the vacuum hose was kinked (from the packaging) and the end connecting to the smog unit fell off. After a bit of wrestling and judicious use of duct tape, problem resolved (for now). I drove it for at least 4-5 start/stop cycles today and the CEL has not come on again (keep them fingers and toes crossed for me) Since reconnecting the hose, I've noticed more ooomph, too!
VibeChick

Re: (SWiRv)

Post by VibeChick »

Great news Irvin!
AKLGT

Re: (VibeChick)

Post by AKLGT »

good news for certain! so, how bout keely's now?
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Keely

Post by Keely »

Yeah, how about mine now? No good news here. We reset the CEL on Saturday and Mike inspected everything, then cleaned the MAF with the aircan. No love - the light came back on yesterday like clockwork.I don't think SWiRv's solution is relevant to me because that smog unit is unique to the 2004 model CAI - I don't have it at all (thus we didn't have to pull off my fender). I could be wrong though - as always, I'm open to suggestions.I'm due for a servicing within the next few weeks, so I'm thinking I'll just get the code for the CEL then and report back.
keely dunn
SWiRv

Post by SWiRv »

I can't remember if you have any 3/4" vacuum hoses connecting your CAI to parts unknown, but I noticed that mine was bent which essentially cut off any air flow. It has to do with the original Injen packaging when the hose was folded up. Double check the hoses to make sure they haven't collapsed in on themselves. Gotta try everything, eh?
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

ya, his issues w/ the smog pump will not be relevant to our 03 gt's. i would take it in and get the code read. if it says engine too lean or something to that affect, you'll have to re-install the factory airbox, take it in and make sure it's indeed the cai.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
DjDoubleLP

Post by DjDoubleLP »

I checked over Keely's CAI and everything is good. I have no idea why she would be getting the CEL.
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by Keely »Yeah, how about mine now? No good news here. We reset the CEL on Saturday and Mike inspected everything, then cleaned the MAF with the aircan. No love - the light came back on yesterday like clockwork.I don't think SWiRv's solution is relevant to me because that smog unit is unique to the 2004 model CAI - I don't have it at all (thus we didn't have to pull off my fender). I could be wrong though - as always, I'm open to suggestions.I'm due for a servicing within the next few weeks, so I'm thinking I'll just get the code for the CEL then and report back.how did you "clear" the code? Some of these new GM vehicles will not reset the old traditional unhook the battery way. Plus if you find out the code, report back and I can give you all the information about it and diag procedures.
Keely

Post by Keely »

Quote, originally posted by Mavrik »how did you "clear" the code? Some of these new GM vehicles will not reset the old traditional unhook the battery way. Plus if you find out the code, report back and I can give you all the information about it and diag procedures.That's exactly what we did, unhook the battery. The CEL would turn off, then come back on at the 3rd drive cycle. What's the alternative?
keely dunn
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

hmm. you know these new ecu's are pretty complicated. they may have to be reset by the dealer or a repair shop. but first thing's first! you gotta see what that code is! then i'm sure phil can hook you up w/ the diagnosis and what you need to do.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
DjDoubleLP

Post by DjDoubleLP »

Oh....what? Is Phil that special now?? LOL Just kidding Hope!!
SWiRv

Re: (DjDoubleLP)

Post by SWiRv »

I was flipping through a Canadian Tire flyer tonight and noticed that they had code readers for something like a $100. It might be something to check out for you do-it-yourselfers.
Celtic_Curse

Post by Celtic_Curse »

Ah who needs a code reader. Just keep doing stuff until the computer cries mercy and turns the light off itself