Vibe Accelerator Pedal Pad, rubber

Pontiac, GM SPO (Service Parts Organization) & TRD (Toyota Racing Development) discussions
Vibraphone

Vibe Accelerator Pedal Pad, rubber

Post by Vibraphone »

Anyone know where I can get a rubber replacement accelerator pedal pad for my '06 Vibe? Mine has worn to what's become slippery plastic (used to be rubber, I think). I replaced the brake pedal pad, a great tactile improvement for the foot. But I can't even find the part# or the Matrix or Corolla equivalent for the accelerator pedal. Any clues appreciated. Owning a Vibe, I've learned Toyota parts departments know NOTHING about these cars... and nor do they care to.
joatmon

Re: Vibe Accelerator Pedal Pad, rubber

Post by joatmon »

looks like the Toyota part number for an 03-08 Matrix accelerator pedal is 7811120060
Vibraphone

Post by Vibraphone »

Thank you! So, 2003-2008 Matrix pretty much part-for-part matches my '06 Vibe? How do I get a Toyota parts file, book, fiche--haha in the old days it was fiche..... I used to use my friend's' fiche reader for my '79 300D Benz..... Is there a GM Pontiac Vibe parts file, too?
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

There's a PDF of a 2003 Matrix parts catalog here at http://www.genvibe.com/images/misc/manu ... atalog.pdf but it can be hard to find things and doesn't seem to include the pedal.

Sometimes I'll do a google search for the part, such as 2006 toyota matrix accelerator pedal. That will often turn up links to various toyota parts websites, some ebay listings, so me other random sites and often a number of only marginally related things. Sometimes the ebay listings will provide a toyota part number. On the toyota parts sites, I see what they are calling the part (sometimes it's not what one might think) then on that site start a new search for the same model Matrix and the discovered part name.

and all of that assuming a toyota matrix part will be the same for a Vibe. Usually is, except some body stuff, and some HVAC stuff. There are some minor changes between 03/04 and 05-08, and many between 03-08 and 09-10

I haven't seen a GM/Pontiac parts catalog, but it seems that GM has discontinued support for pretty much every Vibe part, the car being 14 years out of production, so knowing a GM part number isn't very helpful anymore