2009 vibe w/monsoon. Which tweeter wire is positive?

Stereo, security systems, vehicle electronics, and electrical-related discussions
jmkcc

2009 vibe w/monsoon. Which tweeter wire is positive?

Post by jmkcc »

I have red and white wires at the tweeters which do not correspond to the wire colors at the head unit or at the door speaker. All I need to know is which is positive.

BTW, I find this forum a bit difficult. Trolling old threads often turns up links which sound like they would have the answer but the links go back to the main forum menu.

Also ridiculous how friggen hard it is to find wiring diagrams for 2009 vibe. (removed)?
tpollauf

Re: 2009 vibe w/monsoon. Which tweeter wire is positive?

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. This place is extremely friendly & helpful. Here is a good example of what we do to help each other out ................

This is exactly what we have in our Vibe's with the premium sound w/sub. As you can see( hopefully, or contact me and I'll email this pic direct)
the red & white wires only show them going to terminal 1 or 2. NOT positive or negative. Hope this diagram helps :D .................... Tim
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jmkcc

Post by jmkcc »

Tim,

Thank you for the diagram, it's really helpful.

I'm wondering if the stock tweeters did not have a positive/negative or perhaps it did not matter. I am replacing with Pioneer TS-T110 and they do have clearly identified + and -. I have heard that some tweeters will degrade if connected backwards while some will not.

Has anyone else upgraded and figured out which wire is positive vs negative?
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I'm going to see if I can dig up any specific info on the speakers in one of my other service books. Probably not BUT going to look anyways. Since you're sort of new here, try uploading some pics of your Vibe soon and let us know where your from! Update your location under "profile". You could be a neighbor to one of us here and we wouldn't know it. I'll see what I can dig up if anything and maybe help you out some more :D

tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I hit the JACKPOT and found terminal pin connectors which identify every wire throughout the entire vehicle ......... including the speakers. WOW , these will come in handy if I ever need to do any serious troubleshooting down the road. Look over this pic and you'll see that for ALL speakers, 1 = (+), and 2 = (-). This is common for all speakers in our Vibes. I scanned the passenger door connectors BUT the drivers side is the same, just different colors. Hope this helps & good luck with all your future mods to your Vibe! ;)

jmkcc

Post by jmkcc »

That's awesome, you are my hero. BTW, what type of manual was that from? I purchased one of the pdf on-line service manuals but was seriously lacking in the schematic department.

Thanks, I will try to upload pix and profile later today. Right now I'm off to install some tweeters.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

jmkcc wrote: BTW, what type of manual was that from? I purchased one of the pdf on-line service manuals but was seriously lacking in the schematic department.
Glad I was able to help. Once I get into these manuals (which is not that often) it is hard to put them down :lol:

Some members just recently asked about the Vibe service manuals a few weeks ago. visit this thread ................... viewtopic.php?f=46&t=40524" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and read all comments.

Pyroman532

Post by Pyroman532 »

I can’t see the wiring pic can someone help