How to adjust light direction?

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
JackWade

How to adjust light direction?

Post by JackWade »

I haven’t looked yet, but are we able to adjust the direction of the headlights? A lot of drivers when I’m passing them from the other direction flash me thinking I have highbeams on. I don’t. I did replace the lights with an after market part on Amazon because there were so fogged up, I’m thinking maybe they’re pointing too much towards the other lane.
2006 1.8 1ZZ-FE Moonstone gray with all options such as Moon & tunes package
jolt

Re: How to adjust light direction?

Post by jolt »

Yes.
joatmon

Re: How to adjust light direction?

Post by joatmon »

Looks like you can only adjust the headlights up or down, not side to side.

There are a number of threads here about this, but sometimes the search tool here isn't as helpful when searching for commonly used words. Sometimes I use google and add in a site: qualifier. do a google search for pontiac vibe headlight adjustment site:forums.genvibe.com

For what its worth, I attached the headlight height adjustment procedure for an 03 Matrix, should be the same as for your 06 Vibe. Other threads here suggest that a #3 phillips works well as an adjustment tool

If your lights really are shining too far to the left, then check to make sure the bulb is fully seated. After that, I guess it might be possible to add some spacers somewhere between the body and the lamp assembly if you really do need to tweak it.
Attachments
a040001.pdf
(37.14 KiB) Downloaded 10 times