2.4l Pilot bearing

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
exiled350

2.4l Pilot bearing

Post by exiled350 »

I have a 2009 base model vibe, 2.4l 5-speed manual, fwd and am replacing the clutch because apparently the pressure plate felt the need to break in half :shock: . Got a LUK 16-062 clutch kit and it came with a pilot bearing, problem is there wasn't one in the crank to begin with... The trans input shaft has a rolled nose to it and doesn't appear to have any way to interact with a pilot bearing anyway. Am I missing something here? The engine was replaced about 60k miles ago, maybe 8 years or so, and the clutch was replaced at the same time so while the engine is not original to the vehicle but the trans is. The bearing included in the kit will fit in the crank but I didn't actually install because right now it doesn't seem necessary.
tpollauf

Re: 2.4l Pilot bearing

Post by tpollauf »

exiled350 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 12:18 pm I have a 2009 base model vibe, 2.4l 5-speed manual, fwd and am replacing the clutch because apparently the pressure plate felt the need to break in half :shock: .
That I would like to see! Do you have the cut-a-way or the service manuals to see a component breakdown? I have the full volume Helms books and can look it up for you when I get back in town Monday morning. Let me know. I have the same setup in my 09 Vibe GT but only 40k original miles so it will be another 30 years or so before I tear into it :o
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
jolt

Re: 2.4l Pilot bearing

Post by jolt »

Does your input shaft look like the one I has shown that came from my Vibe manual? Rock Auto Parts shows some clutch kits with the pilot bearing and some without the bearing. It could be that the clutch kit fits multi-able vehicles that use and may not use this bearing.
Attachments
input shaft.jpg
input shaft.jpg (13.77 KiB) Viewed 102 times