grey plastic cladding protectant ???

Tips, tricks, and recommendations for keeping your vehicle looking new
jamesmetairie

grey plastic cladding protectant ???

Post by jamesmetairie »

2005 (base) vibe , silver with the grey plastic cladding down low.

I,ve tried probably 1/2 dozen things to make it look good. nothing worked. I even tried "ceramic" and didn't,t apply enough and it looked freaking terrible. And getting it off months later was a tough chore .

Recently I saw a similar Vibe for sale on the internet by private owner. The grey plastic looked great. The owner replied and told me he uses linseed oil with a little mineral spirits. I assume it,s mixed together.

Anyone try that yet???
SeattleJeremy

Re: grey plastic cladding protectant ???

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I'm looking for a good solution to this, too. I just want to have a constant color on the front of my Camry.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I never tried it, but there are a number of threads here where people swear that something called "Refinish Restorer" works miracles.
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

joatmon wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:08 am I never tried it, but there are a number of threads here where people swear that something called "Refinish Restorer" works miracles.
Thanks for the recommendation. Found this video about restoring an orange Avalanche and the results are staggering
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BO5aGcur6JE

I'm going to have to check this out for myself.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Jbenrod

Post by Jbenrod »

jamesmetairie wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:16 am 2005 (base) vibe , silver with the grey plastic cladding down low.

...The grey plastic looked great. The owner replied and told me he uses linseed oil with a little mineral spirits. I assume it,s mixed together.

Anyone try that yet???
I also have heard that the linseed oil thinned a bit will help the gray cladding. If memory is correct, it's not going to be permanent like a paint coating but it should look good for at least 6 months or more.
2005 Base - 220k