04 base cluster

List items you have for sale, want to buy, or see for sale (ie. seen on eBay). NO COMMERCIAL LISTINGS! (follow posting rules)
joatmon

04 base cluster

Post by joatmon »

Digging in a closet I found I have a instrument cluster that came from a 2004 base Matrix. Pulled it from my last Vibe 4 years ago, worked then, but can't swear it still works today

Its an 04 base US cluster, fits 03/04 Vibe/Matrix. Won't work in an 05+ because the connectors are different. Won't work in a GT/XRS because the tach redline is too low. Does not have the low washer fluid light that the Canadian models got. Currently displays odo/trip/temp in English units. i might be able to convert the LCD to metric, but the speedo face is still the US one.

This would be good for someone who'(removed) the unreasonable 299,999 odo limit. I have the capability to set the odometer to whatever desired (<299,999), but if I do that for you then you are on the hook for complying with applicable laws regarding odometer fraud, not me.

I'm in no hurry to get rid of it, and am not asking for very much in exchange. I would really prefer to get it to someone who is or has been a reasonably active genviber, (rather not let it go to someone who just joined up to get it) I'll leave this up and open for some time to see who is interested, so if you are, reply here. Not a first come first served deal.
ColonelPanic

Re: 04 base cluster

Post by ColonelPanic »

I may be interesested in that, joatmon! Marcie Vibe's cluster has something going on where the temperature gauge bounces up and down off the stop violently at key off. Makes a fair amount of noise depending on how high the gauge was reading. Think one of those springy doorstops. :D (Well, I thought it had a stop, apparently not for temp/fuel but it is bouncing off something.)

It still reads temperature for the moment, though I'm not sure for how long.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image