Meet Ruvver Clue, our 2004 Vibe Base

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
RuvrClu

Meet Ruvver Clue, our 2004 Vibe Base

Post by RuvrClu »

Hi fellow Vibers! My 3-year-old son got to name our Vibe (my wife's family always names their cars). His Papaw asked him and he confidently said "ruvver clue!" Ruvver rhymes with rubber. No idea what it meant, but the Vibe will be wearing his RUVR CLU vanity plate proudly until he goes to that great garage in the sky. When kid gets around to learning to drive, Ruvver Clue will be his.

RC has 124,000 miles and going strong! I installed new rotors and pads (ACDelco) last week, dipping my toes back into the DIY repair thing. Had to overcome some PTSD from all the work I had to do in the '70s on my very first car, a 1969 Renault R10 I bought in high school for $100. Talk about baptism by fire, that thing was ALWAYS broken! When coolant and pieces of piston skirt started showing up in the oil pan, my endlessly patient father helped me locate and swap in an engine we found in a Michigan junkyard.

Anyway, I've been lurking here for a couple of years but I figured why not come out of the shadows? :)
"Ruvver Clue"
2004 4-Door Hatchback
Base trim
1.8L L4 DOHC 16V
4-Speed Auto Overdrive
Gift from father-in-law (R.I.P Richard Woolman)
124,000 miles 9/23/2023