2008 potiac wave

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Turbocory

2008 potiac wave

Post by Turbocory »

Hey guys, I've been told that my 2008 Pontiac Wave is very similar to the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota matrix. It has the 1.6 L engine in it. My question is I'm coming up with a lot of codes related to both the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor, I just bought the car and don't know much about it. I'm just wondering on if anyone has any insights as to why both of these sensors would have failed
joatmon

Re: 2008 potiac wave

Post by joatmon »

I don't know about Waves, but the internet seems to think the Wave is more similar to the Chevy Aveo, not a Vibe/Matrix. Not sure if anyone here has much experience with Waves/Aveos. Many check engine light codes have similar causes across many vehicles, so if you post the actual codes, we might be able to offer some insight, although it may have a Vibe flavor.

I see there is an Aveo forum, appropriately named www.aveoforum.com You may want to post there too, and posting the actual codes there might help.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Pontiac Wave???? Never heard of it :o Did they rename it Pontiac G3? Rarely seen any of them on the road back in the day AND clearly don't see ANY today! Must have been one of those throw away cars like the early Kia's
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

The Pontiac version of the Aveo was called the G3 in the US, and Wave in Canada.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT