Intro and finally got my 2009 Vine AWD on the road

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Jimgrass

Intro and finally got my 2009 Vine AWD on the road

Post by Jimgrass »

Hey everyone ,

Thanks for the info you guys post on here. I was part of a group like this when I had my 1998 Grand Prix GTP and it was awesome. I live in Northern Ontario and look forward to winter driving with this AWD.

Recently I bought a 2009 Vibe AWD and it’s in great shape but it’s got some mileage on it. Had a hell of a time getting the safety done all because of rotten backing plates. So with the groups help I was able to secure those from Toyota. Then the mechanic snapped my r-brake cables which then made it an even bigger pain because there weren’t easy to source. Rock auto saved my (removed) but if you need these cables you need to look at the 2010 matrix with rear independent suspension as there is no listing under the 2009 matrix. Anyways I’m happy to finally have it on the road and enjoying the car.

However my buttons for the sunroof don’t work at all they are just loose and doesn’t seem that there is anything under them. Wondering if someone can point me in the right direction.