Traction/engine light on, vibration and grinding

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
ChEzEpotatoes

Traction/engine light on, vibration and grinding

Post by ChEzEpotatoes »

For the past couple months I’ve had a slight vibration on and off while driving, feels like it’s coming from under the front floorboards. Almost like driving on a mellow rumble stripe. Not affected by acceleration/braking/shifting. Otherwise running perfectly.

Today I went to pull out of the driveway and my check engine light and traction control light both lit up, also a slight grinding with right turns.

Not sure if these are 2 separate problems at this point or if the first one escalated into what’s now a big issue? Any ideas on where to start?
ChEzEpotatoes

Re: Traction/engine light on, vibration and grinding

Post by ChEzEpotatoes »

Update: went to a friends and hooked it to a code reader said p0138- high voltage reading on an O2 sensor.

The grinding when turning completely stopped 🤷‍♀️ that could’ve been unrelated I was reading other forums and seen the plastic pieces come lose a lot on these, I did have a few fasteners missing and wiggled the plastic covers around a bit before leaving so maybe that was part of the issue 🤞 it was only a short drive so hard to tell at this point
joatmon

Re: Traction/engine light on, vibration and grinding

Post by joatmon »

Welcome to genvibe!

Hope the rumble was just the loose plastic that you fixed

A grinding on a turn could be a CV joint, but I've also seen a lot of Vibes with holes worn in the fender liners from tires

I don't know much about the Vibes traction control system, but the owners manual says the light will come on and stay on if you press the button to disable it, so at least press the button a couple of times to see if the light goes off.

As for the P0138, as long as it's a steady CEL and not flashing, maybe just use a code reader to clear the code and see if it comes back.