Baby Names (opinions please)

General discussions not related to the Vibe, Matrix, or any other vehicle. (follow posting rules)
PHXLavaVibe

Baby Names (opinions please)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

My wife and I have just found out that we are going to have a baby.We already have some names picked out so please let me know what you think. Also feel free to make suggestions.Boy....Damian XavierGirl....Tiana Maydene
2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Overall...an amazing vehicle for my family and lifestyle!!! Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay on GENVIBE SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMIKAZE FOR THE NEW SIGNATURE
GrayFox

Re: Baby Names (PHXLavaVibe)

Post by GrayFox »

Congrats!My little girl's name is Elizabeth Hope. If we would've had a boy, his name would be Andrew Gavin. I've always liked the name Xavier... but my wife would not agree to that I've never heard of Maydene before but it sounds nice. They both sound good to me. Good Luck!
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

My son's name is Donovan Elijah. Don't have a name for a girl as we knew it was a boy right after we started looking at names.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
PHXLavaVibe

Re: Baby Names (ANO_Vibe)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by ANO_Vibe »I've never heard of Maydene before but it sounds nice. They both sound good to me. Good Luck!Maydene is my wifes 2nd middle name. She doesn't use it so we figured we would pass it on. Origionally I wanted to name my first girl "Tiana Elaine" but after some compromises "Tiana Maydene" is our choice. My Neices names are... Mastema Gin, Demetria Mora, & Dominique (don't remember the middle name)
2006 TOYOTA HIGHLANDER Overall...an amazing vehicle for my family and lifestyle!!! Thanks everyone for allowing me to stay on GENVIBE SPECIAL THANKS TO KAMIKAZE FOR THE NEW SIGNATURE
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Congrats on the baby My son Luka (Italian for Luke, but we switched it up a bit since "K" is not in the Italian alphabet, in Italian it would be Luca) is 10 months old.If we have a girl (I hope one day) we will call her Emma...Congrats again to you and your wife on this wonderful news BTW I love the names
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

rebbierae

Post by rebbierae »

My nephew's name is Damion and he's my favorite little man in the whole wide world, so I approve of that one! He's Damion Alexander though...but still, good choice!
Mavrik

Re: Baby Names (rebbierae)

Post by Mavrik »

I like your choices actually.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
PHXLavaVibe

Re: Baby Names (Mavrik)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

There sure are some interesting names out there. I just don't want to name it the same as every other kid out there. You know like, Mike, Eddie, Tom, Sarah, Melissa, Jennifer and such. I want a good original name, or at least one you don't hear everyday. My wife and I are a bit on the dark-side so something with a nice Gothic ring to it would be exceptional.
rebbierae

Post by rebbierae »

I always wanted to name a baby boy Kieran--good Irish name. I've never seen ANYONE name their kid that. But since it doesn't look like I will be having any children I should probably think about getting another cat.
PHXLavaVibe

Re: Baby Names (rebbierae)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by rebbierae »I should probably think about getting another cat. I have one you can take off my hands. He is driving me insane. He's a long-hair Orange Tabby and never shuts up. He's neutered and everything but come 2-3am and he is a non-stop meowing machine.
micheles_bad_vibe

Post by micheles_bad_vibe »

Last edited by micheles_bad_vibe on Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kari

Post by Kari »

As someone who has a name with a more unusual spelling that no one can ever pronounce...IMHO it's a good choice to pick something that is straightforward in its pronunciation and spelling, as it's extremely irritating to always have to spell and say your name for everybody and to be called by the wrong name all the time. I think the ones you've picked seem pretty straightforward, I just wanted to throw that 2 cents in, just in case you start considering others.
GenVibe Global Moderator
PHXLavaVibe

Re: Baby Names (Kari)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Thanks Kari I have thought that one through several times.My Name is Wesley or Wes or what ever is easy at the moment.No one can ever seem to get it right. Everyone always wants to put a T in my name, (Westley, or West) It is infuriating to me because I am NOT A DIRECTION. Or if I tell them my name is Wes they think I am saying Guess. I have been dealing with this mess for a long time and I am sick of it.
millster

Post by millster »

Quote, originally posted by PHXLavaVibe »My Name is Wesley or Wes or what ever is easy at the moment.No one can ever seem to get it right. Everyone always wants to put a T in my name, (Westley, or West) It is infuriating to me because I am NOT A DIRECTION. Or if I tell them my name is Wes they think I am saying Guess. I have been dealing with this mess for a long time and I am sick of it.Not to take your thread off topic, but I feel your pain there. I like the names you've come up with already. They're unique, but not to the point of being weird.
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
kostby

Post by kostby »

Interesting choices! I've met a 'Tionna', and a 'Naydene', but never a 'Damian' or a 'Xavier'.As a former teacher and someone with an uncommon surname (only about 400 familes in the U.S.), remember that your child will have to write their name and spell it out on-the-phone countless thousands of times. It might affect your choices.Don't forget to check what these initials with surname may inadvertently spell out, too!If my surname was McDonald, I would've named my son something like Eric Isaac Edward Ignacius Oliver McDonald, so his initials would've been E-I-E-I-O

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
Altus

Re: Baby Names (silverawd26)

Post by Altus »

Lets see... our son is Alexander Reno, our daughter is Cassandra Paulette, and we've got one on the way that's currently under discussion
2003 Shadow Vibe -- Alloys, Auto, and Allota fun!Vibe #4,873Sadly, traded-in for a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
PHXLavaVibe

Re: (kostby)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by kostby »Don't forget to check what these initials with surname may inadvertently spell out, too!If my surname was McDonald, I would've named my son something like Eric Isaac Edward Ignacius Oliver McDonald, so his initials would've been E-I-E-I-O That's exactly what I am trying to avoid I would prefer to send my child out into the world with as little chance for ridicule as possible. It can be very trying to grow up being made the (removed) of jokes all the time.
Sputnik

Re: (PHXLavaVibe)

Post by Sputnik »

My friend named her baby (born in Dec) Cian (pronounced Key-an - its Irish).
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Atomic

Post by Atomic »

Those are nice name choices, we named our son Evan L Gunnar.My wife and I both liked the name Evan, the "L" is for my first name (Larry), and Gunnar was my dad's first name. His middle name was Knud (no, I'm not joking), the Danish have a their own set of quirky names for children.My uncles and cousins: Egan, Villi, Gert, Calle, Ingolf, Nils, Nils Bo and others. My aunts and cousins: Ingeborg, Jytte, Aase, Valborg, Lysse etc.Our eldest daughter is Cayleen Vera Clara, if we had a daughter instead of the son it would have been Hayley J Birte ("J" for my wife's late sister, Birte is my mom's name).The options are limitless, Damian Xavier is cool, but like Kostby said watch out for those acronyms, and think of what the shortened form of the name will be. Personally, I would avoid the "bert" names, Norbert, Hubert, (I have friends with those actual names).
05 Base Vibe, Abyss (also known as Black to un-Vibers)Auto, Power Pkg, 16" alu, 20% tint all around, Black powder coated roof rails (the anodizing didn't last in the sun)Member of S.A.V.E. (Secret Association of Vibe Enthusisasts)
konabri

Post by konabri »

Congrats!We are expecting a girl in July and have decided on Teagan Elizabeth.Lots of names out there. Good luck!
Lancer

Re: Baby Names (konabri)

Post by Lancer »

My youngest is named Tegan Gaomee (Go Mee) and oldest is Terra Choue (Chew-ah). Had to throw in thier mom's traditional names so they know to listen when they're getting yelled at. My wifes name is Yer. She hates having to correct everybody on how to pronounce it. She's trying for a boy and wants to call him Damion or Lucifer. I tell her no way in he77. Always liked Lance though.
18" Enkei's & Kumho Ecsta's-------UNICHIP Eibach Sport springs----------Morroso oil pan Injen CAI & Oil cap----------Stage 2 FI cams Custom Exhaust-----------TRD Supercharger AEM alt. pulley -------JSP Carbon Fiber hood 380cc injectors----DC Sports ceramic header
PHXLavaVibe

Re: Baby Names (Lancer)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by Lancer »She's trying for a boy and wants to call him Damion or Lucifer. I tell her no way in he77.Hmmm...I like the idea, but I wouldn't want my child to grow up with all the ridicule and such high expectations. I would go with something more along the lines of Leviathan or Belial...Same concept but most people are oblivious to what they actualy mean.
GormalVibe

Post by GormalVibe »

My daughters name is Chloe LilianaIf we every have a boy... HA.. I will be back on this forum asking your opinion.
scott_h

Post by scott_h »

Here are a couple things we did:1. Come up with a few choices. As dumb as this sounds, once you see the child, they might look like a "insert name". Tyler and Zachary were our final two choices, and called him by both names after he was born to see which one "felt right". He didn't look like a Zachary... 2. When you have it narrowed down to a few names, use them in conversation and even yell it out the back door like you're calling them for dinner. Again, sounds kind of goofy, but if you yell "Lucifer" out the back door, you might decide that name's not for you... :D
Scott
PHXLavaVibe

Re: (scott_h)

Post by PHXLavaVibe »

Quote, originally posted by scott_h »if you yell "Lucifer" out the back door, you might decide that name's not for you... :DI agree completely! I love the way that name rolls off your tounge, but I would not want to be yelling it out in public.
Atomic

Re: (scott_h)

Post by Atomic »

Yeah, that is a great way of looking at naming your kids.Now, if you're really mean......(insert reference to Johnny Cash's "Boy named Sue" here)On a related note, when my wife and daughter ppicked up our first dog, I got to name her, and I chose Elvis, and yes we did get the occasional weird look and furrowed brow when we would call her name. I thought it was funny.
05 Base Vibe, Abyss (also known as Black to un-Vibers)Auto, Power Pkg, 16" alu, 20% tint all around, Black powder coated roof rails (the anodizing didn't last in the sun)Member of S.A.V.E. (Secret Association of Vibe Enthusisasts)
Aliyaa

Re: Baby Names (opinions please)

Post by Aliyaa »

PHXLavaVibe wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:41 am My wife and I have just found out that we are going to have a baby.We already have some names picked out so please let me know what you think. Also feel free to make suggestions.Boy....Damian XavierGirl....Tiana Maydene
Hi guys
Congratulations on the exciting news of expecting a baby! Damian Xavier and Tiana Maydene are both lovely name choices. Damian Xavier has a strong and sophisticated ring to it, while Tiana Maydene sounds elegant and graceful.
Last edited by Aliyaa on Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Aliyaa wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:50 pm
Hi guys
Congratulations on the exciting news of expecting a baby! Damian Xavier and Tiana Maydene are both lovely name choices. Damian Xavier has a strong and sophisticated ring to it, while Tiana Maydene sounds elegant and graceful.
FYI, its an old thread, DamianTiana could have a driver's license by now
Aliyaa

Post by Aliyaa »

joatmon wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:18 am
Aliyaa wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:50 pm
Hi guys
FYI, its an old thread, DamianTiana could have a driver's license by now
Hi
Just a friendly reminder that this thread is from a while ago, and DamianTiana might already have their driver's license by now.