2010 1.8l manual trans.. not starting and need help

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
Armand

2010 1.8l manual trans.. not starting and need help

Post by Armand »

when i turn the key to run position, i hear a few relays clik, but nothing lights up in the dash.. no check engine, no oil light, no high temp, nothing at all, and turning the key to start position nothing happens.. not even a click.
the radio, heater fan, headlights, radiator fan etc all have power and work.
could it be the ecu that is dead?
i checked with ohmeter all the fuses in the car and under the hood. there all good..
i need to know if there is a relay that provides power to the ecu.. cannot find info nowhere..Thanks
SeattleJeremy

Re: 2010 1.8l manual trans.. not starting and need help

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Sounds like a power problem, unless it's a starter problem.
How old is the battery? Use your meter, and check the battery voltage. If it's healthy it should show 13.5ish when the car is off. That number will dip if the starter is run.
How does the ground cable look? Is is corroded or not connected?
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Armand

Post by Armand »

battery is good.. i tried to start it while connected to a battery charger on 40 amps.. still the same.. everything works but nothing to the ecu and starter.. the ground looks good. i will double check it today.. why would i not get anything in the dash.. lights are supposed to be lit when on the run position of the key before starting.. but i have nothing.. but radio, lights, fan, everything else works
andrewclaus

Post by andrewclaus »

Have you checked fuses in the junction block under the hood? I'm going off my '04 wiring diagram--EF1 provides power to the ECU. You may need to hunt down the factory wiring diagram for the '10 and start checking voltage at pins, and bench test relays. And check the ignition switch too.

If you have enough battery for blower motor and headlights, you'll have enough to light up the dash.
Armand

Post by Armand »

yes, i checked all the fuses, in both fuse box, like you said i will need the electric wiring plan to where the ecu/pcm gets its power..
thank you for your help,