New to me 09 vibe base

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Dntkilmyvib

New to me 09 vibe base

Post by Dntkilmyvib »

Just bought a 09 vibe base. Has rebuilt salvaged title, probably fixed by a hillbilly in his back yard. Still not terrible condition. Runs good, been doing some maintenance. Hope's to add gt spoiler, possible factory fogs, Trd springs/kyb struts, window tint, double din dvd and some rims. Hope to learn more from this forum as I had a corolla for many yrs til an accident. Dont know how to post pics or I would.
tpollauf

Re: New to me 09 vibe base

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome to GenVibe. Hopefully you didn't pay too much for this Vibe. Seeing that it's a base and was rebuilt somewhat! Do you know exactly what was wrong with it to where it needed rebuilt? Some cars with minimal body/frame damage still end up being totalled ONLY because the air bags went off! Anyways we look forward to helping you out and seeing pics of your ride. Update your profile with location so we have a general idea of your whereabouts ;) Thanks for joining !
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Hello, congrats and welcome!

I got the springs trd but later went back to stock. They really just made the ride worse. Being such a small car it sorta has a bumpy ride as is.

the trd strut brace ia really nice though.
The trd torsion bar looks nice but im less certain it does anything. Lately mines getting a little rusty.
Dntkilmyvib

Post by Dntkilmyvib »

Paid 2650. More than I'd like to paid but needed something cheap and reliable to get to work. Looked like it sustained damage on driver front. Frame is straight. Frame horn at end looks as if they straightened it out and used a shim or two. They used capa parts as well. Not happy about it but runs and drives great. Only thing that really needs replaced I believe is the ac clutch might be making noise
Dntkilmyvib

Post by Dntkilmyvib »

vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

Looks great. How is it equiped?
Dntkilmyvib

Post by Dntkilmyvib »

Its 1.8 auto, base model. Came with 139k. 16" steel w caps. Ac.
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Looks nice ! ;) Definitely will need a set of factory fog lights (others here have done this to their base Vibes) and possibly different wheels. That will dress up the exterior part of the car. As you stated, the most important item, is that it runs great and has relatively low mileage on it. You'll easily see 300k miles if you end up owning it that long!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibedrivermatt

Post by vibedrivermatt »

From what youve described, you got an excellent deal on the car. These wear a pontiac badge but theyre really toyotas underneath. The parts are interchangeable with 09 matrix and not too tough to get. Generally, things rarely break on these cars anyway. 👍🏻

Mainly, all ive ever had to do is replace brake parts.
Dntkilmyvib

Post by Dntkilmyvib »

Essentially why I bought it was because of the drivetrain. I'm definitely a toyota fan. Been looking at wheels just cant decide 17 or 18. As for owning til 300k, I got 350k+ out of my corolla until an accident but I still got her sitting around with fully running 1zz
Dntkilmyvib

Post by Dntkilmyvib »

Would love to find a gt spoiler and fogs. Cant decided to go matte black or factory color on spoiler. Local pick a part only has one vibe close to this yr unfortunately
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

I prefer 17s for the wheels. 18s usually are significantly low profile, and can provide a rough ride, or have no sidewall and suck when you have pot holes.

As for fog lights, all you would need are the housings and the fog light switch in the vehicle. Maybe a relay, but otherwise plug and play.

Spoiler, matte black or factory would probably look fine.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe