Hello all...

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Post Reply
OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:59 pm

04' base Noobie. Bought my first one a couple months ago. If you'd asked me before, I would have never said this but I love this car. I'm actually under it right now replacing rod bearing. So I'll post more when I'm done about my car but want to get this up and out there and get started thanks for let me join And I'll talk to you all in about an hour hopefully

Bookworm
Posts: 580
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:21 am
Location: Houston, TX

Re: Hello all...

Post by Bookworm » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:01 pm

OsideVibe760 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:59 pm
04' base Noobie. Bought my first one a couple months ago. If you'd asked me before, I would have never said this but I love this car. I'm actually under it right now replacing rod bearing. So I'll post more when I'm done about my car but want to get this up and out there and get started thanks for let me join And I'll talk to you all in about an hour hopefully
I don't believe there are many folks here that would post from underneath the car :)

User avatar
tpollauf
Posts: 3620
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:37 am
Location: Toledo/Oregon, Port Clinton Ohio
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by tpollauf » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:36 pm

Welcome to GenVibe, you west coaster you :) Post pics once you clean yourself up and get involved here. Thanks for posting location right off the bat!
Image
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT, 2003 Vibe GT (project car)

"everything is modifiable"

OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:44 pm

So it's been taken so long been waiting on an Amazon delivery so I co finish putting the car back together They showed up so late that I was unable to finish in the daylight.. So I will gladly post picks in the morning specially after I give the girl a little washed down from have my greasy paws all over her. Lol

OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:44 pm

Thank you by the way

OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:47 pm

Bookworm wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:01 pm

I don't believe there are many folks here that would post from underneath the car :)
Lol. Oh I've done much worse

User avatar
SSizler
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:06 pm
Location: Urbandale, Iowa

Re: Hello all...

Post by SSizler » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:18 pm

Welcome OsideVibe760!
Good luck with the bearing replacement!
2003 Vibe Base / Frosty Mono / Moon & Tunes / Auto / Well equipped / 183k mi
2002 Tundra Limited 4x4 / Thunder Gray Metallic / 115k mi
Many other 2 & 4 wheel toys :mrgreen:
38 years with a wonderful woman / 2 adult kids

OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:47 pm

SSizler wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:18 pm
Welcome OsideVibe760!
Good luck with the bearing replacement!
Replacement went well. A little bit of glitter, but no chunks or major concerns for the moment. Gasket sealant is drying and oil going back in tomorrow morning. Hopefully by then I can figure out posting pics without get told my file is to large

zbyers
Posts: 1299
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:12 pm
Location: Sheffield, Pennsylvania

Re: Hello all...

Post by zbyers » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:50 am

OsideVibe760 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:47 pm
SSizler wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:18 pm
Welcome OsideVibe760!
Good luck with the bearing replacement!
Replacement went well. A little bit of glitter, but no chunks or major concerns for the moment. Gasket sealant is drying and oil going back in tomorrow morning. Hopefully by then I can figure out posting pics without get told my file is to large
best bet is to use a site like www.picresize.com to make the pictures smaller.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW Vanagon DoKa '91 Vanagon
(2) '03 Bases, '04 GT, '04 AWD, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe

OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:02 am

zbyers wrote:
Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:50 am
OsideVibe760 wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:47 pm
SSizler wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:18 pm
Welcome OsideVibe760!
Good luck with the bearing replacement!
Replacement went well. A little bit of glitter, but no chunks or major concerns for the moment. Gasket sealant is drying and oil going back in tomorrow morning. Hopefully by then I can figure out posting pics without get told my file is to large
best bet is to use a site like www.picresize.com to make the pictures smaller.
Oh. Ok thanks I'll give that a shot

OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:25 am

Cool I think it worked
Attachments
20200204_102532_compress9.jpg
20200204_102532_compress9.jpg (708.22 KiB) Viewed 555 times

zbyers
Posts: 1299
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:12 pm
Location: Sheffield, Pennsylvania

Re: Hello all...

Post by zbyers » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:36 am

It did! Engine bay looks pretty clean. What's the red power wire over the air intake tube for? I'd maybe run the wire under it, so you don't fit with that wire if you were to mess with the air intake.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW Vanagon DoKa '91 Vanagon
(2) '03 Bases, '04 GT, '04 AWD, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe

OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:18 pm

Lol red wire is temporary... the previous owner decided to remove the reverse lights and had dummy lens. I just found this out when one popped off.. so I threw a set of fog lights I had laying around up under the rear bumper. Lol didn't judge. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:19 pm

I'll get some reverse lights this week. But I will say even with the limo tint rear window I have no problem seeing when I backup🤣🤣🤣🤣

OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:21 pm

Here's a couple more random pic
Attachments
20191014_213808_compress42.jpg
20191014_213808_compress42.jpg (575.2 KiB) Viewed 550 times

OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:23 pm

Here's another
Attachments
20190823_115904_compress96.jpg
20190823_115904_compress96.jpg (591.72 KiB) Viewed 550 times

zbyers
Posts: 1299
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:12 pm
Location: Sheffield, Pennsylvania

Re: Hello all...

Post by zbyers » Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:13 am

Looks good! Wheels always make these look much better.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW Vanagon DoKa '91 Vanagon
(2) '03 Bases, '04 GT, '04 AWD, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe

OsideVibe760
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:21 am
Location: Oceanside California
Contact:

Re: Hello all...

Post by OsideVibe760 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:53 pm

zbyers wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:13 am
Looks good! Wheels always make these look much better.
Thanks. Ya I agree

Post Reply