Fisker Ocean looks to be Vibe sized

Discussions about other vehicles other than the Vibe & Matrix.
SeattleJeremy

Fisker Ocean looks to be Vibe sized

Post by SeattleJeremy »

I couldn't find wheel base or overall height information, but the Ocean seems to be about the same size as the Vibe. I love that the rear and even side rear glass all rolls down.
https://ww.electrek.co/2020/01/05/fiske ... 60-in-2-9/
https://www.engadget.com/2019/10/31/fis ... suv-ocean/

If they pull this off it will be a compelling car (despite their insistence it's an SUV)
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
zbyers

Re: Fisker Ocean looks to be Vibe sized

Post by zbyers »

It's kinda ugly, tbh. :D
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I thought Fisker made scissors :o Never heard of this upcoming electric car. Hope it succeeds!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

tpollauf wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:54 pm I thought Fisker made scissors :o Never heard of this upcoming electric car. Hope it succeeds!
You're thinking of Fiskars.

My Wife owns a Leaf, and this seems like a good alternative for another hatchback.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
jamsandwich

Post by jamsandwich »

How do you guys like the Leaf?

I think the electric space is going to be really interesting going forward, as prices come down and range increases (or solutions to mitigate range anxiety/better fast charging become more widespread).

We did a big summer road trip this past year. It makes you appreciate the ICE. I don't think I'd have problems with hour-long charges, but don't like to be locked into a particular location.

However, I'm hoping my Vibe will still be kicking for another 3-4 years at least... and by that time it would be nice to go electric. I wouldn't mind something sooner (my aftermarket stereo is dead, it does need a little work), but I still love my Vibe and know that once I've done the work that does need to be done it should be good for a while yet.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

I personally believe that they'll need one or two of three things to happen to make electric truly useful.

1) Faster charging
2) Another increase in battery storage capacity, much like from NiMH to Lithium Ion. (Weight reduction vs power, in other words)
3) Longer ranges between charges.

Charging _stations_ aren't so much the issue. If you build the converters into the cars themselves, you could simply find some place with an electric dryer outlet (standard 220) and plug your 8 gauge cable into it.

Realistically, I suspect they'll end up going to hydrogen. That way the power converters stay stationary; gas/liquid is easier to transport, usually with a higher useful energy density.