Shifter boots and door trim parts

Upholstery, floor mats, seats, window tint and anything inside the vehicle and not electronic
exige1992

Shifter boots and door trim parts

Post by exige1992 »

I was wondering if anyone has had this "issue," the shifter boot trim is broken and was wondering if anyone has found a replacement as well as maybe a custom shift boot thats not "leather" as well as the center door piece thats right behind that handle is very loose, once i get pictures i will try and post them, but I need help looking for replacements and have not found anything. Please help.
2009 Vibe 2.4L 5speed fully optioned base model
zbyers

Re: Shifter boots and door trim parts

Post by zbyers »

The shifter boot trim breaks pretty easy. It has little tabs that should hold it in place. Many times someone just tries to shove it back into place. A new replacement piece would resolve that, or just a piece of probably 3M tape to hold it into place.

No idea of any custom shift boot that fits well in there.

Not sure what piece behind the handle you're referring to, unless it's the cover that goes over the screw. Again, people just pry on it and brake the lip that holds it on. A replacement would fix that.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
vibenvy

Re: Shifter boots and door trim parts

Post by vibenvy »

Check out car-part.com. You may get lucky and be able to find what you're looking for in a junkyard near you. Keep in mind, 2009-2013 Matrices will also have these same parts.

If you're so inclined, here's the info for the Matrix shift boot. This same part has been discontinued from GM.

Unfortunately, it appears the trim piece behind the interior door handle is not available on it's own from GM or Toyota. If you don't have any luck with junkyards, your best bet will probably be to check eBay for 2009-2010 Vibes and / or 2009-2013 Matrices that are being parted out and see if they will sell you this piece seperately.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage