What's missing?

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
EagleZebra

What's missing?

Post by EagleZebra »

I've searched the internets (and 2 local parts stores) high and low, and I cannot for the life of me figure out a. if something's missing, or b. what it would be called.

I'm pretty sure that my (fender liner?) needs to be supported by some sort of "stay"/bracket/something... but there's nothing there to keep it from flapping about.

I couldn't figure out how to attach the photos, so I shared my Google Drive link... 2 of the pictures are of my Vibe (yellow circle indicating part in question). 1 pic is of my other vehicle, a 2000 Nissan Xterra, depicting what I believe to be the same type of part that is currently missing from my Vibe... I think on my Xterra it's called a "Bumper Stay".

What's missing? Just a "Stay" rod/bracket/thing? Something else?

While looking around my car recently, I started wondering if maybe it was previously in a wreck and had new body parts slapped on, incompletely/incorrectly.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RUyj2 ... tU9IoK0qMF
'06 Vibe, Base, 1.8L, FWD, Manual
andrewclaus

Re: What's missing?

Post by andrewclaus »

It looks like you're missing the entire fender liner. I think the hole in the photo should be occupied by a plastic clip holding plastic parts together.

You may be missing the front engine under covers as well.

That stuff is fairly flimsy, connectors get broken, and a minor road hazard like a tumbleweed can knock things off.

I use this site for Toyota Matrix part numbers and blowups. Some of the Vibe trim is different: http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/us/200 ... ont-fender
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Yeah, it looks like it's missing all of the splash guards under the vehicle.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
EagleZebra

Post by EagleZebra »

You guys called it. Engine Splash guards are missing. (Fender liners are there... just sorts dangling.)

Thank you.
zbyers wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:04 am Yeah, it looks like it's missing all of the splash guards under the vehicle.
andrewclaus wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:47 am It looks like you're missing the entire fender liner. I think the hole in the photo should be occupied by a plastic clip holding plastic parts together.

You may be missing the front engine under covers as well.

That stuff is fairly flimsy, connectors get broken, and a minor road hazard like a tumbleweed can knock things off.

I use this site for Toyota Matrix part numbers and blowups. Some of the Vibe trim is different: http://www.japan-parts.eu/toyota/us/200 ... ont-fender
'06 Vibe, Base, 1.8L, FWD, Manual
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

EagleZebra wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:10 pmYou guys called it. Engine Splash guards are missing. (Fender liners are there... just sorts dangling.)
That's what we are here for!
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe