DRL Issue....

Technical info on the Pontiac Vibe and Toyota Matrix including do-it-yourself info
chrispbacon

DRL Issue....

Post by chrispbacon »

Hi there.

So I disabled my daytime running lights which was great and I can now use the switch knob on the end to turn the headlights on and off. This was really really bothering me before. I followed this youtube video here that explains to cut the red & white wire:

https://youtu.be/gVXoht-ngHY

However, after I did this, I lost the ability to dim/brighten the intrior dashboard lights. Prior, I could turn the dial up and down to cintrol brightness and which I really liked. Has anyone else experienced this? Am i just going to have to pick one or the other?

Thanks.
joatmon

Re: DRL Issue....

Post by joatmon »

That's an odd problem.

Two questions

- When your headlights are on, do your tail lights light up

- The wiring diagram shows two red with white stripe wires going to the DRL module. Are you sure you cut the correct one?
chrispbacon

Re: DRL Issue....

Post by chrispbacon »

joatmon wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:45 am That's an odd problem.

Two questions

- When your headlights are on, do your tail lights light up

- The wiring diagram shows two red with white stripe wires going to the DRL module. Are you sure you cut the correct one?
You know what my bad. I didn't realize it until yesterday. So the thing is that before the DRL module had the headlights on all the time; day & night. So because the headlights were on I could dim/brighten the dashboard. The thing is at night now when the headlights are on, it dims/brightens fine. But if I turn the headlights off at night, the dashboard goes to full brightness. This actually seems like the normal operation. I just misinterpreted it and I also wasn't too clear in my original post. :roll: Sorry fighting a bad flu this week and had to take 2 days off of work. I guess I answered my own question. However it might be helpful to anyone who is considering disabling the DRL being always on. At least they'll know how it will behave afterwards and not be puzzled. Thanks.