LED Headlights Kit

Body kits, spoilers, lights, and anything on the exterior of the vehicle
doubl3d

LED Headlights Kit

Post by doubl3d »

Hey Guys, I would like to share my experience on using LED headlights from XenonPro, quality parts + lifetime warranty (as long as theyre in business ammirite :D)
Last edited by doubl3d on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Failure was startling, really. So startling that I hardly noticed it at all
Bookworm

Re: LED Headlights Kit

Post by Bookworm »

LED headlights aren't ready for prime time. If you want to use them, fine, but be warned about 2 things.

1) they're sealed off, so the heat is enormous, which will cause the LED's to fail far faster than any other kind of bulb.
2) you're going to blind everyone in oncoming traffic, because people are NUTS in the levels they drive those things.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Bookworm wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:43 pm LED headlights aren't ready for prime time. If you want to use them, fine, but be warned about 2 things.

1) they're sealed off, so the heat is enormous, which will cause the LED's to fail far faster than any other kind of bulb.
2) you're going to blind everyone in oncoming traffic, because people are NUTS in the levels they drive those things.
Yep. Nothing beats a proper HID retrofit.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
doubl3d

Post by doubl3d »

Bookworm wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:43 pm LED headlights aren't ready for prime time. If you want to use them, fine, but be warned about 2 things.

:roll:

1) the bulbs come with a micro-fan so your point is not exactly valid. LEDs will last way way way longer than HID and halogen (even a retrofit)

see image of the fan (https://www.xenonpro.com/9006-low-beams ... lights-kit)

2) not if you get proper wattage, kits that are too strong will blind others yes, but those arent DOT approved

get your facts right!
Last edited by doubl3d on Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

doubl3d wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:52 am

aw :roll: but LED headlights is really easy to Install. Modern LED headlights are now much easier to install, so you don’t really need the help of a mechanic, That's what I've experienced using the products from https://www.xenonpro.com/led-headlights

But thanks anyway for your advice
That's all it is - advice from someone that's had to deal with too many LEDs, as well as stare into too many headlights put in by people that don't give a CARP about oncoming drivers.

As for easy... You don't need a mechanic to put in much of any headlight bulb.
SlammedNiss

Post by SlammedNiss »

this whole thread seems to come off as some advertisement.
2003 Matrix Xrs Automatic - SOLD :'(
2011 Rav4 Sport
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

No LED headlights for me. I'm one of the many who get annoyed at the SUPER bright lights that some of the oncoming cars that have them, and could not do that to the average driver out there. Getting older certainly doesn't help either as our eyes become more sensitive to night driving. I did check out that website and was interested in replacing my broken dash cam though. So maybe something good came out of this thread!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
doubl3d

Post by doubl3d »

zbyers wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:06 pm

Yep. Nothing beats a proper HID retrofit.
retrofit is $$$$$ and marginally better IMO
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

doubl3d wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:26 amretrofit is $$$$$ and marginally better IMO
Marginally? There is literally a night and day difference between a proper retrofit, simply throwing in LED bulbs, and the halogen bulbs.

TRS made a nice video about the difference. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=10155861928641881
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe