If you plan on coming, please let me know how many are coming with so we can try to keep an accurate headcount. I will be updating this post with more info as it is added.
Bradford, PA 16701
June 21st- June 23rd
-Most will arrive on 6/21. Our plans will be on 6/22. Departure on 6/23.
Best Western (Bradford Inn)
Address: 100 S Davis St, Bradford, PA 16701
Phone: (814) 362-4501
Group rate is $103+tax. Please call and mention "GenVibe" to receive group rate. You have until 5/20 to reserve. After 5/20 the block will be opened. 25 rooms have been reserved. They are a mixture of king or two queen rooms. If you have any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to me on here or Facebook or email.
**You may get a marginally better rate if you are military/government or have CAA/AAA.**
6/21: Free For All
- Everyone is arriving so pretty low key day.
- World Day of Music in Historic Downtown Bradford. 5pm-8pm. Not a group activity persay, but this is going on downtown, not far from lodging so could make a good evening activity to get out around town.
6/22: Group Time!
Chestnut Street Extension, 1932 Zippo Drive, Bradford, PA 16701
-- 10am start time for guided tour. Will go to about noon.
***If you have a Zippo lighter or Case Knife that needs repaired, bring it with you to drop off or repair and they will mail it back once repaired. They do offer a lifetime guarantee!***
Will be ordering pizza from a local place called A Slice of the 80s. They will deliver to us at Kinzua Bridge. Everyone chip in a few bucks and we has food.
- Kinzua Bridge State Park
296 Viaduct Road, Mt Jewett, PA 16740
-- Cruise here after Zippo. Depending on this, we'd be here about 1230-1pm. This is a beautiful area for pictures with lots to explore. They are open until dusk. You can check out the visitor center, walk out onto the overlook, or even hike down into the valley. I have contacted them to schedule a tour when we get there, and to try to set aside a parking area for us so we can take some group photos. I'll end up doing the raffle for the lighters here. Also will be giving out GV19 stickerz. First come first serve.
We are on our own for dinner after the bridge. I'd recommend taking the short drive to Kane, PA to checkout the various new eateries they have...Table 105, Twisted Vine Winery, CJ Spirits and Distillery, Log Yard Brewing, Pepe's Pizza, Roma's Pizza. They are also home to the areas one and only drive-in movie theatre (Kane Family Drive-In). I am not opposed to going somewhere as a group, but figured no need to plan something just in case others want to do things on their own.
- For those willing, we could do a short cruise to Kinzua Dam and along Longhouse Scenic Byway (if departure takes you that way and/or you want to check it out). Kinzua Dam is the largest dam east of the Mississippi. We yanked land from the Seneca Nation (and various other locals, some of whom I'm related to) through eminent domain when it was approved to build a dam here. Johnny Cash actually wrote about this in a song.
-Eldred WWII Museum is open 1pm-4pm on Sunday if you wanted to check that out.
(could see before arrival/departure or if you want to go on your own)
- Kinzua Dam/Jakes Rocks/Rimrock/Allegheny National Forest Visitor Center
- Allegheny State Park
- Kinzua East KoA Campground
- Marilyn Horne Museum
- Penn-Brad Oil Museum
- Marilla Reservoir/Covered Bridge
- Bradford Landmark Society (Historical Society)
- Crook Farm (19th century farmstead)
- Arts in the Wild Festival June 21st-22nd (Kane, PA)
- Wilder Museum (Irvine, PA)
- Sprint Speedway (Go-Karts in Olean, NY)
Allegheny National Forest Visitors Guide
Facebook Event for GenVibe Meet 2019