First new clutch on 200K mile Vibe GT

Discuss any maintenance you've done to your Vibe & Matrix and ask how to perform maintenance on your vehicle
rjenglert

First new clutch on 200K mile Vibe GT

Post by rjenglert »

Hello all!

I have a 2003 Vibe GT that I purchased new that will be reaching 200K miles in the next couple of weeks. The drivetrain and suspension is all original (except for the front brakes and a water pump) and I am thinking it is time to get the clutch replaced, as I am feeling a bit of chatter when the car is cold, and I take it from NC to TX to visit family a couple of times a yr. I love how well this car still drives and how reliable it has been for me.

A new clutch is not something I can do myself, and I was wondering what I should be expecting cost wise to have this done. I plan to visit several local independent shops here in Greensboro and will check with the local Toyota dealer to compare.

Thanks for any advice or any specific questions I should be asking to help locate a shop for this work.

Bob
tpollauf

Re: First new clutch on 200K mile Vibe GT

Post by tpollauf »

Awesome post Bob. It's always good to hear success stories of how reliable these Vibes are. If you were closer to Toledo I'd help you out BUT not the case. My 2004 Vibe Gt that I recently purchased is sitting at 129k miles and still original clutch and very tight still! My 2009 Vibe GT may never get the clutch replaced as it still only has 26k miles on it :) Shouldn't cost you too much. Keep us posted on future details on this repair!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
joatmon

Re: First new clutch on 200K mile Vibe GT

Post by joatmon »

Some of the 03 GTs had an issue of quickly going through clutches (and I assume they were not all driver induced) so 200K on a clutch is great, you are a stick shift master Image