Ontario Roll Call

Ontario
snowvibe

Post by snowvibe »

Somewhat new to the board here, have just been lurking to find out more about our vibe. We have an 05 AWD and from Ancaster, On.
star_deceiver

Re: (snowvibe)

Post by star_deceiver »

Welcome to GenVibe!!!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Gekko

Post by Gekko »

Welcome from Ottawa. Hope you enjoy your staywhere exactly is Ancaster?
Greg - Gekko
2003 Pontiac Vibe base 1zz-fe auto
snowvibe

Re: (Gekko)

Post by snowvibe »

Suiburb of Hamilton, On. between Toronto and Niagara Falls Wife's family is from Ottawa. Enjoy going there to visit.
james.m.henderson

Post by james.m.henderson »

Toronto. Just registered.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Just joined as well from St Catharineswife has 2005 base model. Her first manual trans car and lovin it. Just had the PCM recall done....still has a very slight rough idle but has mostly vanished....might still do intake as the car is very clean, however she is thinking of selling to get into a bit larger suv
maaadtrip

Post by maaadtrip »

Hamilton.Just joined the club with a 2003 Abyss GT, Ram Intake, Magnaflow Cat-back. Loving the 6spd!
XRVibe10

Re: Ontario Roll Call

Post by XRVibe10 »

Oshawa, Ontario2010 Vibe 2.4 Navy Blue Metallic
At Work

Post by At Work »

Haven't posted here for years.. the Vibe is looong gone (2003 Abyss Vibe GT, cold air, lowered..). Was cruising it around Mississauga and Burlington for quite a while, shipped it out west, turned it in to a dealer in Coquitlam BC. I wonder where she is now..?

Loving my F-150 these days :)
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Holy crap At Work! Blast from the past! LOL
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
TheBri

Post by TheBri »

Haven't been on here for a while, But live in Guelph but always around the GTA.
OmniDimensional

Post by OmniDimensional »

Sarnia, Ontario! Just joined.
2003 AWD, black. K&N CAI, 16" Montegi, 15% tint, sunroof, premium audio.
Garage
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

London!
OmniDimensional

Post by OmniDimensional »

Doug14 wrote:London!
Sweet!
2003 AWD, black. K&N CAI, 16" Montegi, 15% tint, sunroof, premium audio.
Garage
Freakawn

Post by Freakawn »

KW.

Just got my first car, and it's a '07 Vibe:P

Found this forum looking for the engine light error P0717. Just a dirty AMF sensor.
frankiemenz

Post by frankiemenz »

Techically not Ontario, Canada but 5 miles from Lake Ontario. I live in Rochester, NY-across the mini-pond. I have a TECH2 and a 2010 base Vibe with a few mods. This is really the closest group to me, if anyone ever needs tech2 assistance or help, shout out.---Frank
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

I'm still active
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

Still active here. London and sometimes Shelburne
bedpan

Post by bedpan »

cambridge, ontario
PGB

Post by PGB »

Just joined. 05 Vibe. Stock. Cambridge, ON.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

wow, we ought to have a tri-cities meet, lol
liftoff

Post by liftoff »

Just joined, Kingston. 2004 Fusion Orange Metalic Vibe GT, im down for a meet anytime.
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

thebarber wrote:wow, we ought to have a tri-cities meet, lol
I would probably come up for that haha. Not too far from me and I drive through every few weeks
REN69

Post by REN69 »

Clarington area here (more Durham really, lol Work in Ajax live in Courtice) anyone else in the Durham/Clarington area?? we should start meets. ;)
1984 Supra RWD - my beater -- 2004 Vibe AWD - wife's beater -- 2005 Corolla XRS - my daily
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

I'm often within an hours drive of Durham. My girlfriend used to camp out there when she was a kid lol
REN69

Post by REN69 »

There's a meet at Kennedy commons in Scarborough on march 30th (8pm'ish), I usually organize these for toyotanation and dorikaze (canadian old school toyota site) depending on weather, I may be either driving the Vibe (if still snowing) or my Supra... if anyone is in the area, come by and say hi. :) we used to get the matrix-vibe.net guys come by before, but the meets have died down a bit for the last couple of years.
1984 Supra RWD - my beater -- 2004 Vibe AWD - wife's beater -- 2005 Corolla XRS - my daily
Raygun4901

Post by Raygun4901 »

Does anyone know where I can get a retainer clip for the headlight bulb on my 2005 Vibe? Mine got lost when i was attempting to change the bulb.
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

REN69 wrote:There's a meet at Kennedy commons in Scarborough on march 30th (8pm'ish), I usually organize these for toyotanation and dorikaze (canadian old school toyota site) depending on weather, I may be either driving the Vibe (if still snowing) or my Supra... if anyone is in the area, come by and say hi. :) we used to get the matrix-vibe.net guys come by before, but the meets have died down a bit for the last couple of years.
Think many other vibes will be there? My girlfriend and I might be able to swing by.
Raygun4901 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a retainer clip for the headlight bulb on my 2005 Vibe? Mine got lost when i was attempting to change the bulb.
I would first check any local scrap yards or wreckers, otherwise it may be hard to find a retainer clip new without having to buy the whole headlight assembly, which is not cheap haha.
REN69

Post by REN69 »

probably not many Vibes, it's first meet of the season so it might be quiet.
CanadianJ

Post by CanadianJ »

I see 'the Shwa is well represented here! I'm just East in Bowmanville.

I check the forum every other day or so.
REN69

Post by REN69 »

^nice... I bought mine from your area. :)
twistedwaffle

Post by twistedwaffle »

Bought my 2009 Base Vibe back in August of 2012, had the vehicle for 3 days and made that grinding noise at cold start (dealership I bought it from said that issue would be fixed when it got certified, etc. and it didn't), did some research and found this lovely forum, found my answer within 4 hours, it was the camshaft timing gear actuator, that was supposed to go for a recall, and never did. So I printed off the recall, and drove my car back to the dealership with the recall information. So needless to say, it was in their shop for nearly a week, to find out what the problem was, and got a call saying it was the timing gear (even though I already knew that), and they delivered it to a Certified GM Dealership for the recall to be completed. After another week, the repairs had been done, and my car was delivered back to my house.

Later that evening I was driving for approx. 15 minutes when every light on my dash turned on, I decided to pull over and checkout what was going on, just as I pulled over, smoke started coming out from under the hood. So I made a quick call, and the dealership got to come pickup my car with a tow truck. (Now, this wasn't fault of the dealership I purchased it from, it was the GM mechanics that did not connect the water pump properly) The "head" ended up being replaced, and was told if I had driven it for another 10 minutes, it would have blown the engine. I wasn't exactly a happy camper having my new vehicle, that I now had to pay first months insurance, and car loan on for a vehicle I didn't even have. On top of this, not once was I offered a rental vehicle, so I had to borrow one. My Dad ended up getting angry as I'm 21 and borrowing his pickup, and my vehicle is in the shop for the 2nd time in a month, so he called the owner of the dealership and requested I either get a rental car, or a refund. I got to drive back to the dealership (50 minutes away) to pickup a 2012 Chevy Traverse (might as well of been a van). I drove it for all of 3 days, and it sucked back more gas than any other vehicle sitting in our driveway, so back to using the pickup truck.

After talking with the dealership, I told them that the only way they were going to make it up to me, was paying my first month of insurance, and car loan (total $550), or buy me a set of winter tires on rims. They agreed to buy my the tires & rims. When I went to the dealership in November to get my tires & rims put on, I told them to throw my summers in the back of my car. After they were finished I went out to my car to find only tires in the back, no rims. Now at this point I was already furious at the way the dealership dealt with the situation, I went back in, gave my 2 cents and was told "No no, that was not the deal, the deal was just tires". I angrily left. Now I refuse to go back, for even general maintenance. Even though I have about 10 free oil changes.

I won't post the name of the dealership, but feel free to PM for the info to make sure to stay away.
Sorry for the long post, just needed to get that out.

Love my Vibe, and from Shelburne, ON
Stangman

Post by Stangman »

I'm in Ottawa.
Just picked up 2008 base yesterday. Happy so far.
2008 Sun & Sound
REN69

Post by REN69 »

anyone here just move to Courtice?? blue Vibe with gold wheels? you live up the street from me. :)
arrowracer76

Post by arrowracer76 »

2003 GT out of Peterborough and sometimes Barrie.

We should meet up at Ertefa when it starts up again.
2003 Pontiac Vibe GT
- Greddy E-Manage Piggyback
- Custom Axle-back Exhaust
- KW Suspensions Lowering Springs
- FUCKING STICKERS EVERYWHERE
porkercon

Post by porkercon »

Goderich, 2007 Base.
metaxa44

Post by metaxa44 »

2009 red base in Markham...
Fever

Post by Fever »

Camlachie baby! Little hamlet in Lambton County. Picking up an '07 Vibe Base after safety check is done. Purchased from the original owner 130k km 5M. Looking forward to playing with my new toy. Already ordered the cruise control switch/stalk as this unit didn't come with the power group. Came with winter Hankooks on rims so it`ll be ready for winter.
'07Vibe '13FR-S '99Ranger
bull77

Post by bull77 »

still hanging around in Ottawa -- vibe just passed 240,000kms and running great :D
briogio

Post by briogio »

Brand spankin' new owner! Bought my 2004 Vibe loaded today with 181,000kms for $4000. Just like all my purchases I researched it a lot, I've always had Civic hatches. My last 2000 Honda hatch just wasn't doing it for me any more because there's a lip in the back and I need a flat floor, also I can use the extra space. I really like the fact that the Toyota engine uses a, no maintenance, timing chain and not a timing belt like the Honda's. I think this is the car I was looking for all along and I'm looking forward to ownership, minor modification and my commute which is 750kms a week. Now I've got to find the synthetic oil I will use exclusively. One thing about pretty well all my stuff is that I cover them with stickers, I'm known to have the "sticker" cars in Alliston, I'll have to wait until Spring, and I've planned this on out more than any other I've done. I'll take pictures when I'm done for your horrified appreciation! :twisted: lol
jayoldschool

Post by jayoldschool »

Realized I never said hi on this thread! Picked up my mint low KM (130) 04 base 5 speed from the original owner, my sister/brother in law. Flipped my 00 VW TDI Jetta to get in the Vibe. Mileage is close (the Jetta was auto), but the main difference is the lack of annoying regular maintenance that was always needed on the VW. I just drive the Vibe, while I had to tinker with the VW constantly. I'm really enjoying $35 fill ups with the gas prices these days, too!
Doug14

Post by Doug14 »

briogio wrote:Brand spankin' new owner! Bought my 2004 Vibe loaded today with 181,000kms for $4000. Just like all my purchases I researched it a lot, I've always had Civic hatches. My last 2000 Honda hatch just wasn't doing it for me any more because there's a lip in the back and I need a flat floor, also I can use the extra space. I really like the fact that the Toyota engine uses a, no maintenance, timing chain and not a timing belt like the Honda's. I think this is the car I was looking for all along and I'm looking forward to ownership, minor modification and my commute which is 750kms a week. Now I've got to find the synthetic oil I will use exclusively. One thing about pretty well all my stuff is that I cover them with stickers, I'm known to have the "sticker" cars in Alliston, I'll have to wait until Spring, and I've planned this on out more than any other I've done. I'll take pictures when I'm done for your horrified appreciation! :twisted: lol
I drive through Alliston sometimes when near my girlfriend's family in Shelburne, I'll keep an eye out!
pepper2010

Post by pepper2010 »

New here!

From Oshawa... where Vibes abound, I see them everywhere!

Have a 2004 white 1.8L with 284,144 km and just bought a 2010 red 2.4L with 51,000 km.

The Vibe is a fab car. Looking forward to reading thru the posts and learning lots.

Throw me a V (peace sign) if you see me around town. 8-)

Pictures to follow. Ones I had wouldn't load.
2004 White 1.8L Vibe
2010 Red 2.4L Vibe
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

New member here, former Matrix owner. Just joined the Vibe family with a 2009 Red Hot Vibe Base with only 32,000km on the clock. Probably used by a little old lady to buy groceries and go to church.
2009 Vibe Base
Kheldar

Post by Kheldar »

I realize this post is old, so I hope I won't ruffle feathers by replying now! Just joined the forums and just purchased my vibe - Hamilton! (though frequently in Kitchener)
pepper2010

Post by pepper2010 »

Hey, Gen Vibe sent me an email notification that there was a recent post, so that's cool.

I still check in here to learn about fixes and for general info, as I find it's easier to search here than on FB for specific threads. But I also like the FB Gen Vibe for staying current.

We're looking for a new 2009-10 Vibe in good shape and with low mileage to replace our 2004 which has 320,000 km. There are lots of Vibes in Oshawa but people hang on to them (with good reason). Our 04 Vibe is still running fine but my husband has a lot of work travel to do in the spring and summer, and we're thinking it's time for a new-used one.

Happy motoring to all.
2004 White 1.8L Vibe
2010 Red 2.4L Vibe
RickVibe

Post by RickVibe »

Hey I just joined as well. Hello from Trenton.
2009 Vibe Base 2.4L Charcoal Grey 5spd 164k
tripvibe8

Post by tripvibe8 »

Kitchener! Newbie :D

Post by 2006 »

Newcastle (Oshawa area) here. Only been here for a few months. Picked up an 06 for our daughter....G2 in a month or so.