Genvibe Learner's Permit

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
joatmon

Genvibe Learner's Permit

Post by joatmon »

Genvibe came on line April 1, 2002 ( viewtopic.php?t=2 )

Where I live, 15 years 9 months is how old you have to be to be eligible to get a learner's permit

What should we do in 3 months when genvibe turns sweet 16?
KingKrab65

Re: Genvibe Learner's Permit

Post by KingKrab65 »

Wait until our parents go away for the weekend then have a monster blow out!
2003 Base Vibe
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

:lol:

It's so sad that the forum is pretty quiet these days :(.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

vibenvy wrote::lol:

Looks like the last Vibe was built in August '09, so the model's been out of production for over 8 years now. When people were still buying new ones, there were a lot of folks still in the discovery mode here, enthusiasm was high, but now its mostly maintenance and repair, and the number of vibes on the road can and will only decrease as time goes by, Its a lot easier to be enthusiastic about a new car, harder for one that is between 8 and 16 years old. A lot of the folks that used to post constantly have moved on from the Vibe and genvibe, and I'd expect a lot of new folks to pop in for one specific issue, but not hang out here. I guess to some extent, having almost 16 years worth of posts to go through might answer questions that used to be cause for a new thread.

I also think that genvibe used to serve a stronger role as social media, (we even had 2 couples meet and marry because of genvibe), but now people get their social media elsewhere. Not saying that's a bad thing, but its a factor.

Trying to look on the bright side, there hasn't been a crisis here with members fighting for a long time, can't remember the last time I saw a moderator post, so I guess we're behaving better than we have at times. Maybe we need to manufacture something juicy to get folks up in arms about, just to stir the pot ;)
KingKrab65

Post by KingKrab65 »

joatmon wrote:
vibenvy wrote::lol:

Maybe we need to manufacture something juicy to get folks up in arms about, just to stir the pot ;)
What do you mean by that? You trying to start something? :D

I found this forum when I was thinking of getting a Vibe. It had lots of information, good information, and informed people. I can honestly say that this forum did factor into my decision for ultimately getting a Vibe.

You mentioned the drop off in people on the forum. That happened on the Paseo forum that I used to belong to. As the Paseo model increased in age, the number of active members dropped as they sold / junked their cars. Eventually, the main moderator got rid of his Paseo and no one wanted to take over.

A few of the music forums I belong to also have parallel Facebook sites. It seems like more people go on Facebook than the websites. I am not a Facebook participant, so I am not able to tell if it is better or not.
2003 Base Vibe
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

KingKrab65 wrote:You trying to start something? :D

usually
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Well, three months from now is premature for the annual GV meet...but we can throw a big almost 16th birthday at the GV meet for the forum! haha
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe