This is why you don't look for past cars....

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
Dairgo

This is why you don't look for past cars....

Post by Dairgo »

So, I've been watching for my car to pop up on here, because I left the genvibe stickers on, and so did the dealer.

but alas, i cannot look at it anymore!
https://www.salvagecarsillinois.com/det ... ANITE-CITY

It could be someone's for $750, but salvage title, and they only put 13k miles on it before they wrecked it :(
another vibe bit the dust.
vibrologist

Re: This is why you don't look for past cars....

Post by vibrologist »

Oh, man! Just a little pat on the (removed) and they total it. I hope some shop picks it up and puts it back on the road.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Dairgo

Post by Dairgo »

yeah, it got smacked on the (removed) good. The rest of the car looks to be in good shape. I can still see my Short ram intake, and the magnaflow exhaust is still on little scarlet. Even the engine heater is still there, so they didn't have to do nothing like pull the engine. It's tempting.. hehe, but no, I can't bring myself to buy it.
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

:cry:

Man, that sucks Ian :(!

I bought a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire GT brand new in November of 2002. I sold it in June of 2008 and regretted it immediately. Back in January of this year, I found it for sale on Craig's List. I drove ~250 miles (~5 hours) one way to get it back. I thought for sure it would have been long gone. It still seems unreal to see it parked in the driveway and it is never going anywhere ever again and the same goes for the Vibe.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Wow..... Wouldn't take much to get her back on the road. Very tempting ... BUT I have too many unfinished projects already hanging over my head. Hope someone brings her back to health soon and gets it back on the road!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
enfield577

Post by enfield577 »

Carrie, that's WONDERFUL news!!! Biggest congrats!!!
How 'bout a pic with the Sunfire and the Vibe?
A few years ago I spent hours on the internet trying to find what became of my '80 Z28, but never could trace the VIN. I guess it was too long ago or something. Chevy dealer told me they couldn't trace it either. Not sure I would want to OWN that car again, but I wouldn't mind to SEE it once more, if it wasn't turned to scrap years ago.
Geoff
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

enfield577 wrote:Carrie, that's WONDERFUL news!!! Biggest congrats!!!
How 'bout a pic with the Sunfire and the Vibe?
A few years ago I spent hours on the internet trying to find what became of my '80 Z28, but never could trace the VIN. I guess it was too long ago or something. Chevy dealer told me they couldn't trace it either. Not sure I would want to OWN that car again, but I wouldn't mind to SEE it once more, if it wasn't turned to scrap years ago.
Geoff
Here's a picture of the Vibe and Sunfire the morning after I got it back back in February:

And here's one of my favorite pictures of the Sunfire in it's prime, circa 2007:

And the Flickr album with even more pictures (11.09.02 - 06.07.08), if you're so inclined.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage