Length of flat platform on 2009 Vibe

General discussions about the Pontiac Vibe & Toyota Matrix. New members, introduce yourself here!
bkcev

Length of flat platform on 2009 Vibe

Post by bkcev »

Hey there
I was in the market for a new car and currently have an 06 corolla xrs with a 2ZZ-GE engine. I had heard good things about the 2009 Vibe and was wondering what the length of the platform formed by folding the rear seats is. I plan to try camping in it and need to know if I will fit laying down.
enfield577

Re: Length of flat platform on 2009 Vibe

Post by enfield577 »

Unless you're short, I think it would be pretty tight. Front-rear length of the platform flat is 57 inches. You could get up to maybe 64-65 inches by lying diagonal. You can get more by letting the front seats all the way forward - maybe up to 74 inches, but that gives empty space between the platform and the back of the front seats, which you could always cover with a piece of plywood or similar.

I'm 5ft10in, and I could stretch out but my feet hit the seatback of the front passenger seat. And I would sure have to have an air mattress in there, which would take up more room.
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799
bkcev

Post by bkcev »

Thanks for the reply!
Hmmm, I was hoping the platform was longer than that... I wonder if there are any similar hatchbacks with longer platforms that fold down flat...
runningslow

Post by runningslow »

A first gen Vibe. You can lay the front passenger seat forward. Put your feet up there and your head in the hatch area. You can fit 8' lumber in one this way.
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

runningslow wrote:A first gen Vibe. You can lay the front passenger seat forward. Put your feet up there and your head in the hatch area. You can fit 8' lumber in one this way.
This. And if you find a Vibe GT or Matrix XRS you'll get the 2zz, as well!
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage